Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By longrange308
  • 2 Post By veitnamcam
  • 1 Post By madmaori

Thread: Kumho MT51

Kumho MT51

Anyone given these a go?

ive run the kumho kl71 and they were fantastic off road. not to noisey on the road. no experience with the mt51 sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dicko View Post
    ive run the kumho kl71 and they were fantastic off road. not to noisey on the road. no experience with the mt51 sorry
    Yep, got the same thing on my zuki over 2 years now and they are real good. To me MT51 looks more like an AT than real MT.
    Last edited by Boar Freak; 03-09-2017 at 09:19 AM.
    Nothing is tough about having a 70 lb bow and looking like an uncoordinated praying mantis while trying to draw it back.

They're sold as a "mixed terrain" tyre, very little of my driving involves mud

Ejected
    Yeah kl71 are awesome off road bar sand but destroy fuel economy.
    I've run them on 3 different vehicles butt generally on a spare set of rims.

What's your main purpose for them? My mate had some bfg all terrains on his hilux, pricy but real good both on and off road.

I must be the only one in the real world where the 71 is the shitest tyre they made
    Great for the first 10 minutes then sounds like a helicopter coming down the road and useless when 3/4 worn
    Anything will be a step up from them

Quote Originally Posted by longrange308 View Post
    I must be the only one in the real world where the 71 is the shitest tyre they made
    Great for the first 10 minutes then sounds like a helicopter coming down the road and useless when 3/4 worn
    You're not the only one. Mate put them on his Navara, got noisy and aquaplane terribly. Really spooky feel when it loses grip at only about 70km/h with the slightest film of moisture on the road.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

At least they wear very quickly so you can put something else on

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Just talked to the owner,more than happyName:  20170904_094236.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  500.1 KB
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    They're sold as a "mixed terrain" tyre, very little of my driving involves mud
    If that's the case , go with the Hankook RF10 in a light truck casing depending on your size.
    kidmac42 likes this.

I loved the kl71s had the best on road manners of any mt I've had I don't understand the above comments they were no good in the wet. I have them on my little zook at the moment for the farm and I dont often get stuck truck is bog standard. Had 33s on a jeep Cherokee and would go through mud tractors couldnt.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I love asking random people what they think of their tyres when in a carpark. Some chose that tyre for a reason and can give pros and cons, others have no idea what they are talking about and 'they came on the truck'

Yeah I had two sets, shouldn't have bought the 2nd set. They fall to bits on shale/schist tracks down here too.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.