Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Landrover series...

I had a LWB flat deck one in the East Midlands as a work vehicle, they were horrified when I told them it was a heap of shit and they should get a Hilux, which were cheaper. If you're over 5'5" your knees are up by your ears when driving.

The dash tray was perfect knee height when you hit something too.

Better than a Trekka but only just.

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

northdude
    And walking but you'll probably end up walking anyway

I've had four Landrover's and loved every one of them. Great memories of accessing fishing spots, hunting, week long camping trips with my girlfriend (now wife of 20 years), hard out club 4wheeling .......
    I even had Landrover's for my wedding car's - HSE Rangerover, Discovery and my SWB series three as my "get to church" and "leaving with the bride" car.

I currently drive a 4L V6 Hilux which is like driving a limo off road, but it has no 'charactor' like a series LR!
    Wife wants me to buy a series 1 because that's the first vehicle she ever drove, on her uncles farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    I had a LWB flat deck one in the East Midlands as a work vehicle, they were horrified when I told them it was a heap of shit and they should get a Hilux, which were cheaper. If you're over 5'5" your knees are up by your ears when driving.
    I am 6 foot 4 inches.

The key is to remove the seat - 10 second job and replace

Gutless and unreliable yes, but revolutionized agriculture and forestry in NZ. Completely superseded by the fj40/5 in the 70s in both capability and reliability. Certainly not in comfort though, they were both terrible

Have had several as works vehicles, series 2a, loved the way the roof leaked, turn left hard first thing in the morning and the passenger got a wet crutch, 110 2.5 diesel crew cab, coldest slowest, vehicle I have ever driven, 90 Swb least said the better, 90,Swb 2.4 petrol , what he that petrol disappear as you went no where, Ag Rover blew 3 engines, V8 light weight great truck, they all had two things in common ,
    1 , you did not get a radio fitted as standard, mainly because you could not hear it
    2, you got a great sun tan on your right arm, as you could only hold the steering wheel with the window open.
    veitnamcam and mudgripz like this.

This one was my daily driver for almost 10 years!

Name:  DSCN0178.JPG
Views: 728
Size:  463.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli_Dog View Post
    This one was my daily driver for almost 10 years!

Attachment 50236
    I do like the word WAS is that Chilli_dog. You must have required a bit of therapy.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    I do like the word WAS is that Chilli_dog. You must have required a bit of therapy.
    I probably should have had more, it has kind of been replaced by an old range rover. To be honest though the serries was more fun to drive, it had a 4.1 six in it and went pretty well, never had any big dramas with it really and it would go places a FJ40 wouldnt. It only stopped being driven when I started doing a coil spring conversion on it..... Then house, kids, wife and no more time or money!!

Few upgrades.....

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  582.2 KB

I had a series 3swb truck cab for about 10years, absolutely loved it. Always something to fix on them though, was up to the elbows in grease after every major trip away, all manner of things used to crap out on it, even used to have the doors popping open on it as you rocketed down the country roads at 45mph...

Landrover heaters were something else, driving to tahr country in winter would see you rugged up like an eskimo even with the useless heater going full blast... Also used 3 landies for wedding cars.

Only vehice Ive ever been sentimentaly attached to, regret selling it to this day. Wished Id hung onto it and completely restored it.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 435
Size:  36.2 KB

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Thats how you can tell there's still some in it and isn't running dry