Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

Like Tree2256Likes

Thread: Lets See The Transport havn a Oops moment

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Attachment 27629

Not my finest moment, taken by some passengers in from their hotel room. It's in Rome, some lovely Italian decided to park his car on the inside of the corner so I couldn't turn left, never hit the bridge but had to reverse about 400m down a narrow windy hill and out onto a main road.
    Ha that is such an Italian way to park. Ben there done that in a campervan.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Finished work one day had a steep ridge to get up to get out to the track got just bout to the top wheels still going ford & I was sliding backwards I slided over the edge of the ridge & when it started rolling it went over 3.5 times it rolled slowly at one point I thought shit my arm out the window so pulled my arm back in as that side of the ute hit the ground, befor it started to roll I went to bail but I thought I cant Im on the bottom side so had to just go with it
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    veitnamcam, madmaori and buell984 like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Bugger that for a joke
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Shit!!
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

As soon as your are goin backwards slam reverse and you should be able to steer,still sliding punch the throttle until goin in the right direction and let off again.
    It is scary heading off downhill backward all of a sudden but if you can keep your cool reverse and even throttle is your best bet.
    been there a few times.
    Know exactly what you mean with the slow mo.
    years ago when I rolled my Austin a30 two door as it rolled(no seat belts but indicator arms) I had the thought not to put my hand on the window and managed to get the b pillar and save my arm and head.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I had no time to try get it reverse as it didn't stay on the ridge for very long lol when you slam reverse do try keep you foot of the clutch. Some 1 said when you start sliding backwards turn it off put it in reverse with out touching any thing then restart & you be in revers but haven't had a happen in a ute again yet had it with the four wheeler a few times but they easy to get back under control

Normally Auckland for work, temporarily deployed to UK, St Arnaud on leave
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    As soon as your are goin backwards slam reverse and you should be able to steer,still sliding punch the throttle until goin in the right direction and let off again.
    It is scary heading off downhill backward all of a sudden but if you can keep your cool reverse and even throttle is your best bet.
    been there a few times.
    Know exactly what you mean with the slow mo.
    years ago when I rolled my Austin a30 two door as it rolled(no seat belts but indicator arms) I had the thought not to put my hand on the window and managed to get the b pillar and save my arm and head.

Reminds me of a story of a large diesel who started sliding back down a slope, stalled it and when it restarted he gunned it......without realizing it had bump started and now the engine was running in reverse! and he promptly went flying off the bank at full throttle!
    veitnamcam and Beaker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt08 View Post
    Some 1 said when you start sliding backwards turn it off put it in reverse with out touching any thing then restart & you be in revers but haven't had a happen in a ute again yet had it with the four wheeler a few times but they easy to get back under control
    that's more the old school keep it going till you dig some holes,stall on brakes,change to reverse and start. doesn't work when sliding down backwards

"Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Seen plenty of goods go in the drink here at the Port of Tauranga. New Riviera Launch from Aussie was probably the most costly i've seen

Trying to find the photos I have of the Fonterra Milk tanker that missed the Matakana Island ferry and ended up in the sea
    We had a fonterra tanker fall in the creek up the road,it was in the paper years ago but can't find the picture.About 10 years ago.
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  857.1 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  510.3 KB
    Cruising towards Kunanurra at 100 km,BANG,the a resend of the cruiser drops,the wife looks at mesomething broke.coilwrite airbag blown.had to let the other side down so now the caravan hitch is almost dragging and the front of the truck is ready for a moon shot.
    Moved all the gear from the truck and the boot of the van into the van over and behind the tandem,leveled things out a bit.
    New bags have to come from Darwin and it's a pubic holiday there Monday.Still,can drive round without the van so sightseeing
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  991.8 KB
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Thats a bit like the rail feck up from Northland to Auckland, cant get high cubes through the tunnel
    You were shooting near the tunnel last weekend @Gibo . They dug it down a number of years ago but the clearances still aren't there.

Apparently tunnels curve at the top
    Last edited by Barefoot; 03-08-2014 at 08:06 PM.
    Gibo likes this.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Ute Vs haul truck. Only ever going to be one winner

4 Wheel Drive Dragged 40m In Mine Accident | Australian Mining Links Portal

The Original Striker
    Shit they were lucky.
    we get a few of these updates and some of the shit that happens, its amazing some even are survivable
    Bigger Better Faster Stronger
    Handle the Jandle, or get off the Beach

The Original Striker

Tanker nearly got the fence again!

Name:  10312573_538353529609320_4496523936881793374_n.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  22.0 KB
    CFD