Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: LPG a word of warning

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Never read so much crap in my life, if you are in buisness and can,t afford to follow simple H&S advice , then you are a asshole, if someone,s life is worth less to you than the cost of a couple of stickers, then I would not use you, and you don,t deserve to be in buisness.
    Get a life, ACC will change in the future and you will all need full public and employee insurance, which unless you follow full H&S will not be worth the paper it's written on.
    Veitnamcam,As to more people being killed doing your job than firemen or policemen, from some of your posts today, I would say that if they have the same attitude as you, the Darwin effect is working just fine.
    Now I don't think any employer, employee or other wise wants to see any of there fellow workers, etc endangered or killed in the work place or other regardless. But to make such a comment are you one of these people that are complaining about the cost of housing? what about when you ask to get sky installed and they want to charge you thousands of dollars for the install because they have to supply so much scaffold?
    Don't get me wrong I'm all for H&S in the work place, I don't want to tell my staffs partners that there partners wont be coming home!
    What I have a bit of a problem with is having to look after grown men at work and wrap them in cotton wool so they cant do there job safely just so they can go home and work on there own (friends) house with out the same H&S requirements, or go mountain biking, hunting, etc. F#2K I could go on all day with this topic, drive to work in your unregistered and warranted car you might get a fine, try doing it in a company vehicle!
    veitnamcam, Munsey, Maca49 and 1 others like this.

Love a good OH&S bash,
    There is a clear demarcation point when large companies and OH&S managers start making shit, sorry 'policy' up for the sake of it.
    At this junction the whole thing becomes a pointless joke.

I contract for one company that actually has a promulgated procedure for using stairs. They have a hand out sheet outlining their basic safety ethos, which has cartoons on it.
    Don't get me wrong, there is a place for effective risk management, but when adults in the work place start getting treated like children then the intent has been lost.

Not really sure what these last few posts have to do with the carriage of dangerous goods, all the legislation around DGs is pretty clear & concise and has been for a long time.
    However, with out knowing all 3 sides to the story, you'd have to say a self employed tradesman would benefit more from an explanation and warning about the ins and outs of carrying LPG than a monsterous fine. If the warnings aren't heeded then I guess it's a fair cop.
    Rich007 and Maca49 like this.

Its a shame that they seem to base policy on the idiots who are so clumbsy/daft they could hurt themselves in bed. Do they start teaching them about it at school these days? To get them thinking and preparing for whats out there? Polytech etc is probably too late, they are in the cant hurt me im bulletproof phase

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    They must do gibo, teach at school or at least poly
    as i said above, i'm now getting asked about hazards in our workplace, as often as 'How much'
    Maca49 likes this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    They must do gibo, teach at school or at least poly
    as i said above, i'm now getting asked about hazards in our workplace, as often as 'How much'
    They maybe being coached to ask at interviews so as to appear as a safe worker.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I thought this was interesting . A good mates job is recruitment & H&S , he has to go to regular meetings to learn about H&S changes etc . The new thing is making an employer accountable for any failings is getting past down to small business . We all know this but the thing many are not aware of is if your wife say is a director /parnership etc as we all do to bring taxes to a manageable level . If I fell of a roof and Died or serious injury , my mrs gets the fine ,enough to cripple her and the kids . Its happend a couple of times already .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Munsey get your wife de registered as a Director on Monday! You can do it on line, become the sole director of your company ASAP. Unless your paying your wife zillions it not worth her being a director. Make sure she is able to access the company bank account, in case you can't. If she doesn't work, take drawings for her from the business and split the total income for income tax. I'd never have my wife as a director! Make sure you carry enough life cover for your debts minimum, so she is sorted if the worse happens and get the company to pay key man health insurance for you and tack you wife onto that. With all that in place if I get fined $500 k for a stuff up, I alone will go thru the courts, only I will have to top myself if the depression gets to bad and my wife and family will have money in their pockets.
    gadgetman, Munsey and shift14 like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Munsey get your wife de registered as a Director on Monday! You can do it on line, become the sole director of your company ASAP. Unless your paying your wife zillions it not worth her being a director. Make sure she is able to access the company bank account, in case you can't. If she doesn't work, take drawings for her from the business and split the total income for income tax. I'd never have my wife as a director! Make sure you carry enough life cover for your debts minimum, so she is sorted if the worse happens and get the company to pay key man health insurance for you and tack you wife onto that. With all that in place if I get fined $500 k for a stuff up, I alone will go thru the courts, only I will have to top myself if the depression gets to bad and my wife and family will have money in their pockets.
    Make sure you don't pay your life insurance through the company, you might get a shock after the tax man takes his bit on pay out
    Munsey likes this.

No I pay it, it hurts at 65 but I ain't leaving debt if I get the call up
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

It's a nice idea, I have worked for small companies when younger where it was a good thing to be able to cite for unsafe jobs. Unfortunately its an industry where once employed you have to keep justifying your job by creating more paper and physical work for the poor simpletons you protect. Now employees feel they can do anything in their work environment without fear of harm or responsibility.

Yep dumbed down to dumb arses
    Munsey likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Maca beware of life insurance , regarding suicide and depression, I hope you said it in jest, not all pay out, unless you can provide medical evidence of depression, this is where catch 22 comes in, as they might except you if you have depression.

Fark me depressed it would take a good dose of H&S to achieve that! But that's the wankers will achieve with the heavy hand approach!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

What gets me with all this H&s bull shit is how do you know bot the rules I had no idear bot the lpg rules there be a lot off rules out there they I don't know abot that I could get in the shit for me thinks now after reading this.