Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: New build 430 tiller

40hp will be sweet in this one

Quote Originally Posted by tac a1 View Post
    Yeah Ive tried all that. Nothing seems to help. I might just have to buy a dedicated alloy mig like a fronius or something.

I like that boat though. Cool design. I think if it were mine i would have made the bow rails lower set to the hull.

How many hp will you run on this ??
    Have a real good look at what you have now as there will be a way to make it better. The Fronius are nice, but there is nothing worse than going to the expense and still struggling with it when it's something that you can change. I haven't done a lot of ali mig myself, set up my mig to do it then got a real cheap deal on a good ac/dc tig which does all my playing. I know there were a few things the guys told me about that really helped me sort out the issues on my setup before I put the other torch and rollers back in and went tig...

Is the alloy price on the way back down yet?

Quote Originally Posted by longrange308 View Post
    Is the alloy price on the way back down yet?
    Ha. No!

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    Have a real good look at what you have now as there will be a way to make it better. The Fronius are nice, but there is nothing worse than going to the expense and still struggling with it when it's something that you can change. I haven't done a lot of ali mig myself, set up my mig to do it then got a real cheap deal on a good ac/dc tig which does all my playing. I know there were a few things the guys told me about that really helped me sort out the issues on my setup before I put the other torch and rollers back in and went tig...
    Ive already got a really nice ac/dc tig that does the bulk of my work. I think I've got seven welders all up.

I know, its a sickness. But they all go and they all do jobs for me without having to change anything for their specific jobs.

Think I really need a push pull gun. thats my last hope anyway

Ha, I don't feel so bad with my four welders then haha. Although one is currently not functioning, I think I'll part it out over trying to repair it as it looks like a electronics fix is required. Those are a pain in the arse to chase!

Push pull guns can be great - although I've been tasked with pulling two of the bloody things apart so far to strip liner jams out of them when the wire stops at the pull end for whatever reason and the push just keeps doing it's thing. You'd think that was how they made neat little coils of aluminium wire by design... Bloody liners didn't really like that as an experience to be fair though!

I hear ya about the changing out of setups, for the little welding I'm currently doing I've got the tig and a mig with two separate remote feeders - one on 1.2mm solid for the decent melts and the other on 0.8mm solid with a little MB15 gas saver torch on it. That thing seems to run happily on a little over 8 or so LPM so economical as, and works for 90% of the mig jobs. I've been running the tig in MMA mode quite a bit lately, stainless electrodes on a pesky job where I just couldn't easily get the tig torch in along with a filler and still see. Funny how you get the flash gear and then end up with jobs where it isn't much use.

Quote Originally Posted by tac a1 View Post
    Ha. No!
    Probably won't for a while with the collapse of the Chinese outfits - one was running a dodgy ponzi scheme in the US and got taken by their tax outfit to the tune of billions of US$...