Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New tyres

Impure Lead Flinger
    Ive had firestone and bridgestone MTs...(cant member exact models)
    And found the mboth very slippery on the road when I needed to brake fast or wanted grip on corners..
    The firestones were shit in the mud to they would just fill up with mud and literally become a smoth tyre...

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    Tussock.
    stop playing with your buttons.
    Post 11 is the first post and thread starter.
    Hes feeding an obsession with cleanliness

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    I had firestone "Wilderness" At's at the start, they were ok but I didn't know enough then to get an idea whether they were good or bad .Then they stopped making them,
    As you have said about others, in the mud, I found the BF At's filled up very quickly , to the point I have to put 4 wheel drive on to get out of a gently sloping muddy paddock, as soon as they were on the road though they'd clear out very quickly.
    Last edited by jakewire; 15-09-2012 at 01:27 AM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

My money out of my own hard earned pocket you wont get better allround performace than the BFG.........Period .....................................And yes i HAVE HAD PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING ELSE
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Kl71 30x9.5 x4= 970 33x 12.5. = 1524 These prices where the best I could get a month ago ,will still be valid . My mate gets 60 ks out of his hilux kl71s (a set a year) have herd other people get less . Bfgs I recon are better in my mind but what you pay for them now I think kl71 is better value for money .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Bob Im worried about you. First you ask me what use is a 45-70, next you suggest you wouldnt use a 7mm Rum to shoot rabbits.
    I did in the same sentance ask if there was any pills to fix me

The Original Striker
    [QUOTE=7mmwsm;42549] Just put on some Bridgestone Dueller M/T. Now the world is a different place.

did you go to the shop I told you about?
    Bigger Better Faster Stronger
    Handle the Jandle, or get off the Beach

The Original Striker

Had a brand new set of cooper at's on the saffy when i brought it,, brought some new rims and and got a set of 32x11.5-15 kl71's to put on for when i go bush ,,,coopers were ok but after a few rims off,,, rims on shit the 71s have stayed on because to be honest i think they do everything better than the coopers ,,,that much so i sold the coopers few weeks back,,,but haha always a "but" they are pretty noisey now they are worn and have not been super happy with kms out of them ,,,,i am a slack fark when it comes to tyre pressures so could be my fault ,,,,,been seriously looking at getting the new release 764 maxis bighorn next havnt got 32's in the country yet ,,,mates got them and loves them,,,had a new set of 32 kl's on backorder for over a year with the importers so a change may be in order.
    DONT BE A FOOL INDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEFORE YOU PULL

Had to get new set of tyres for my last warrant ,was running 3 slicks with bolges .Coopers here had a deal going on the Maxis Mudders, knocked down from $300+gst to $240 .Seem OK so far hope I've made the right choice ,looked like a good deal & cheaper than Firestones equivalent by $20 per.
    Gun control means using both hands

Good advice from experience all, ta
    I was under the impression Coopers were the be all and end all of 4x4 tyres but it appears it may not be as easy as that.
    I have some more homework to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Had to get new set of tyres for my last warrant ,was running 3 slicks with bolges .Coopers here had a deal going on the Maxis Mudders, knocked down from $300+gst to $240 .Seem OK so far hope I've made the right choice ,looked like a good deal & cheaper than Firestones equivalent by $20 per.
    Thats a good price , I was quoted $400.00 each cash price for the stt,

Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    Thats a good price , I was quoted $400.00 each cash price for the stt,

The $240 was gst incl; fitted , their duck shooters special . Maxis Mudder Buckshots & they don't sling shit all up the side of my wagon either.
    Gun control means using both hands

The Original Striker
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The $240 was gst incl; fitted , their duck shooters special . Maxis Mudder Buckshots & they don't sling shit all up the side of my wagon either.
    If they are anything like they used to be like, you will like em. I used them on my old rodeo and got IIRC 65km out of them, farm, offroad and gavel use.5+ years ago now tho
    Bigger Better Faster Stronger
    Handle the Jandle, or get off the Beach

The Original Striker

I haven't read all the posts but thought I should chip in with my experiance with KL71's..... better traction on the road wet or dry than my last few sets that were more AT than MT tures, They don't slide well at all on the road, I used to have fun in the wet until I put those on, Had firestone .... umm the ones with mostly square knob's over 90% of the tyre a couple of sets back, no good off road and still not as good as 71's on the road

Down falls... on soft (not hard core) 4x4 runs its just not fun...others slip and slide while you just drive through.... When you try to slide it you nearly rear end the people in front

While new you get next to no road noise, they do get noisier as they wear and not as smooth a ride as they wear down but still seam to grip way better than expected (better than my falcons street tyres). Mine have done 21K round figures and are about half worn... Just about time to put them on TM for someone to pay what I paid new for them and get some more

They are not a light car type tyre so have a different feel about them but they seam to be hardy tyres
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

STT's are the mutts nuts, expensive but they last well with good manners on the road and not too much noise. Did a load of research on the 4x4 forums etc before I put them on my pajero which is in storage back in the UK.
    Can highly recommend them!