Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Black Rabbit
  • 1 Post By m101a1

Thread: Recommendations for inflatable dingy

Recommendations for inflatable dingy

Hi all, am considering getting a little inflatable dingy to use this coming summer. Mostly just for floating down the rivers enjoying the ambience. Thinking the smaller the better to be able to go exploring in some of the smaller waterways with it. In addition to the above I do have a 3hp outboard in the shed so I will more likely than not end up taking it on estuaries and small lakes too.
    In addition to living in the Wairarapa, I spend a bit of time around Rotorua, Lower Whanganui river, Tongaporutu and Marlborough sounds so these are the likely places I might look to use it.

I have only had the initial thought so far so the idea is a fairly blank canvas at this stage, any recommendations on make and model are a good start. But also anything a layperson may not think of to watch out for when starting and continuing down this path would be good to know too.

We have same plan. I am planning for a 4.7m, hard deck, enough to carry two people with hunting, diving, camping and fishing gears. The shipping cost has down, if you are not that hurry, I can help to get you a cost effective one
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.

my south pacific inflatable is well built albeit not floating atm.

An Ali or fibreglass hull would be good. fully inflatable is not good in rivers

I have no idea how useful it is but this thing is coolAF

https://unchartedsupplyco.com/products/rapid-raft
    Hit the hills, live the BushLife!

https://bushlifenz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rabbit View Post
    We have same plan. I am planning for a 4.7m, hard deck, enough to carry two people with hunting, diving, camping and fishing gears. The shipping cost has down, if you are not that hurry, I can help to get you a cost effective one
    Thanks mate, still just figuring it out at the moment. I am probably looking at a 2.3 or 2.7m

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    my south pacific inflatable is well built albeit not floating atm.

An Ali or fibreglass hull would be good. fully inflatable is not good in rivers
    Can you expand on why they aren't good in rivers?, assuming it might be risk of drift wood etc ripping holes? Or are they too flexible and low point ends up hitting bottom? Or is it something else that I haven't thought of?

Quote Originally Posted by longshot View Post
    Thanks mate, still just figuring it out at the moment. I am probably looking at a 2.3 or 2.7m
    Anytime...Typed wrong it was 3.7m, or little shorter, otherwise it will be too heavy for me.
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.

Ive got this coming up for sale 2800 with 15 hp 06 johny and alloy ramp trailer , it has alloy hull and a flat floor as well , you can see how it fits on my rangerName:  IMG20200531133913[1].jpg
Views: 133
Size:  4.72 MB
    rugerman likes this.