Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By uk_exile
  • 1 Post By Brakelie
  • 1 Post By cambo

Thread: RUC reduced but fees (tax) up

RUC reduced but fees (tax) up

Copied for elsewhere
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...rists-truckers
    They give (temporarily) with one hand, whilst they plot to take (repeatedly) with the other!
    Whilst everyone is focused on celebrating the short term reduction of fuel tax/RUC, the government are sneakily planning to double or even triple the cost of processing fees for buying rego and RUC - even though online transactions cost them next to nothing - certainly not the $12 proposed…
    Go to the consultation website and make a submission - have your say!
    https://www.nzta.govt.nz/media-relea...ENEd0_BaikE0kI

Meanwhile I still wait for my new diesel vehcile. Ordered end of November. Due July/August. Wish I could pre-purcahse some reduced price RUC before it arrives!
    bigbear likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by uk_exile View Post
    Copied for elsewhere
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...rists-truckers
    They give (temporarily) with one hand, whilst they plot to take (repeatedly) with the other!
    Whilst everyone is focused on celebrating the short term reduction of fuel tax/RUC, the government are sneakily planning to double or even triple the cost of processing fees for buying rego and RUC - even though online transactions cost them next to nothing - certainly not the $12 proposed…
    Go to the consultation website and make a submission - have your say!
    https://www.nzta.govt.nz/media-relea...ENEd0_BaikE0kI

Meanwhile I still wait for my new diesel vehcile. Ordered end of November. Due July/August. Wish I could pre-purcahse some reduced price RUC before it arrives!
    Do you know when the reduced price RUCs actually kick in?

Only helps you if you need RUC I guess. Just had to buy it to be compliant for the warrant - ran out of RUC five days prior damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    Only helps you if you need RUC I guess. Just had to buy it to be compliant for the warrant - ran out of RUC five days prior damn it.
    last wof i got guy said ruc arent part of a warrant mine was over and got the warrant

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    last wof i got guy said ruc arent part of a warrant mine was over and got the warrant
    Yep you'll get your warrant then you'll get an invoice in the mail from the transport agency demanding you pay up to the distance the warrant issuer entered into their records. Then its up to you if you buy more.
    rugerman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    Rucs aren't part of wof...BUT the ks get registered online directly to nzta and they will sting you up to 3x the cost of any ks that are in arrears and will send you a bill in the mail
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    Rucs aren't part of wof...BUT the ks get registered online directly to nzta and they will sting you up to 3x the cost of any ks that are in arrears and will send you a bill in the mail
    In my recent experience there was no penalty other than the usual small 'admin' fee

Quote Originally Posted by Brakelie View Post
    In my recent experience there was no penalty other than the usual small 'admin' fee
    Just what we've been made aware of through our WoF online system.
    Lots more charges coming up for motorists.
    Brakelie likes this.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    been 9 months still waiting and when the wof guys enter your km's wrong didnt get a bill for being 10,000km over either

You get the warrant but then you get a bill for RUC in arrears. You can't do anything else with them at the NZTA until you settle that. Last one I missed was due to a credit card company system glitch, it took the holding charge for zero $ and instead of completing the transaction for the RUC with the amount of the bill the holding transaction expired 24hrs later. It tells you you've paid, but if you don't check it didn't come through on your card...

Never bothered to print the temp version off, and promptly forgot about it and never checked that the label turned up in the mail. Oops...