Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Show us your Landy...

Quote Originally Posted by gundoc View Post
    Bloody awful things! We got a brand new swb IIA when I worked on a rabbit board in the mid 60's. It was gutless when new and noticeably worse by the time it was 3 months old. It did always get to where it was pointed but bloody slowly! I have been running Toyota Hilux diesels for the past 20 years. My current 94 Surf 3 litre turbo manual has been going strong for me for the last 14 years and I have no plans to replace it anytime soon! There are some steep and rugged hills round here and it always gets me there in comfort.
    stick with the non electronic stuff (though i make $$ from them)

I have a friend from when we were kids who has a Land Rover Lightweight. He has driven it since 1983, when he got his licence. In that time, he has lived in England, Australia, Wales, South Africa, England, South Africa, in that order. And he has never parted company with the Land Rover. It has covered more miles in a sea container across oceans than it ever will on a road. It is still going. He repaints it to whatever the prevailing military vehicle camo colour is wherever he is living.

He is eccentric, my friend. A masochistic, automotively self-flagellating nutjob. You must never, ever ride passenger in that vehicle with him behind the wheel. It is the worst driving experience I've ever had.
    40mm likes this.

Yup, Having driven a Series Two for a year I realize you've got to be both an optimist and a mechanic to want to own one (and never be in a hurry to get anywhere).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Dammit, I didnt read properly and thought this thread was "show us your lady" but turns out just a bunch of old landrovers
    You been playing with too many tits

Quote Originally Posted by Backcountry Bob View Post
    Yup, Having driven a Series Two for a year I realize you've got to be both an optimist and a mechanic to want to own one (and never be in a hurry to get anywhere).
    When you drive a Landrover you meet the nicest people. All the really nice people stop to help.
    kiwijames, john m, Sarvo and 1 others like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

northdude
    💩

SiB
    I’ve owned a couple of SWB S2s (60s era) and about 3 LWB Safari S2s over the years. They have character. They build character

I respect that some folks still lov’em, but my LandCruisers have more pluses in favour, IMHO