Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Side by Sides - second hand

For what you want to do I'd go for a Suzuki Carry 4x4 and put tractor grip tyres on it.

Suzuki Carry 4X4 FLATDECK 1990 | Trade Me
    northdude likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Interesting that folk start to mention the Zuks, they wrre already in the mix as lead contender but I have a pretty good handle on them (and the Toyota Rav4's, which while not nearly as good in 4wd, have proven even more reliable and durable than Zuk's on two farms that I'm associated with).

I would love to find something that can do a PTO, then I could hook up a compressor to it and run the stapler from the one engine (and a nice quiet one at that).

I'm a fencer to I wouldn't buy a side by side they expense to mantane I got sj410 & it's cost me bugger all in parts in the last Copple years sence Iv owoned it I put tractor gripes on it & were we fence we work in steep country on par par trackes & it gets around not problem with a big load gear on it & it good having 6ft deck unlike all the side by side I just trailer it round so I don't have 2 wory bot wof in it work out that it was skinner than most of the side by side witch is good in tight placers I set it up that I can run 4 sping Jenny's of the front so I can drive along & run 4 wires out. Just rember most side by sides are made out of 4whlere parts & can't handle the weight that you carrying on it all the time.

Thanks Hunt08 - I reckon I'd tow mine (well a Zuk or a RAV) most of the time behind the tractor when on the road so a wee S410 donk wouldn't be a problem - I'm not working on steep stuff (too old for that) so it only has to plow through "Southland mud".

I hav put a rock crawler low transfer box in my one & it made a big difference yes I do run out of power on steep freshly dozed lines with the lose dirt & big load off post on back but on the eazey country I don't found it a problem

I have a poolaris for fencing and was awesome to start with but been unreliable so just wanging some new parts in now.
    I'm probably going to go Honda pioneer next as seem not to bad from talking to the mechanics that work on them.
    my mate has the deisel mule and you can walk faster and be less bumpy as I think they forgot springs and shock absorbers when they designed them.
    rhinos are probably worth looking at if ya can get a good one.
    how longs a piece of string?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!