Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Suzi 2.0v6

Suzi 2.0v6

I got a little cheapy to keep me mobile. It is a 95 Suzuki escudo (nomad) V6 2.0
    When cold, the timing chain rattle is very noticable, but it settles down when running temp reached. Getting differing opinions on if it is worth sorting or not. Car also seems rather gutless on hills, but I guess that may have something to do with the timing being stuffed
    Opinions please. Do I spend on it, or keep fingers crossed that it doesnt grenade on me
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

in the word of the red hot chili peppers................give it away ...give it away now
    Pengy, Fireflite, dannyb and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    I got a little cheapy to keep me mobile. It is a 95 Suzuki escudo (nomad) V6 2.0
    When cold, the timing chain rattle is very noticable, but it settles down when running temp reached. Getting differing opinions on if it is worth sorting or not. Car also seems rather gutless on hills, but I guess that may have something to do with the timing being stuffed
    Opinions please. Do I spend on it, or keep fingers crossed that it doesnt grenade on me
    @Pengy
    Mates got a 1600. He always gets asked if its a 1600 and says yes and they always reply [/B]"you've got the good one, not the V6"[/B].
    I think the chain/chains are a mission to sort out but maybe it stems from the tension-er/tension-er's!
    bully and dannyb like this.

northdude
    Yep its a mazda engine pretty common the 1600 has its fair share of problems as well

i cant seem why the timing belt would make the suz gutless. usually got a little bit of power the v6. better to get the timing belt done then have it snap.
    i had the2.0l 4cyl with 0ver tyres on it and could go well over a hundred towing a bike and trailer

northdude
    Its got a timing chain not a belt

The timing chains wear/stretch and then throw out the timing by altering the corrolation between cams and crank.
    Bloody annoying I can tell you!
    Chain job is a nightmare too.
    They also block the breathers in the rocker covers and then suck oil into the intake then blow smoke like a steam train.

All the H2# series engines are the same. (2L - 2.7L)
    They're also bloody thirsty and have feck all torque and you have to rev the tits off them to get anywhere.

I learnt the hard way with them. Had 2 of them haha
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Mine only smokes a bit on cold start. No oil being burnt/lost as far as I can tell, but it does smell hot after a run, despite temp gauge being stable.

The under torqued thing sounds right, along with being thirsty and needing heaps of revs .
    Oh well, it doesnt owe me much, so may as well drive it to death
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Get rid of it, I had exact same one and it was going to cost around $2500 to do the timing chain.
    Wasnt worth it at all. And i agree with gutless and thirsty

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    Pengy likes this.

Don’t knock the 1600 suzuki engine. I have an injected 16b in my Samurai and many in the club run them. They are reliable perky little engines. I’ve had mine for 10 years, never burns oil and performs very well.
    cambo and timattalon like this.

northdude
    your lucky lost count of how many cracked heads ive done seen a few cracked blocks as well mine had both did a trasplant and its bee really good just use a 1500 out of a cultus dont notice any drop in power but doesnt have much to start with

I did the timing chain (chains, theres three of them from memory, seperate chains to drive auxiliarys) on one of these myself and im just a dumb dairy farmer so I dont know why they would be considered "difficult"
    Pengy and dannyb like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

northdude
    Did it go again after

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Did it go again after
    yeap, I bought it for $300 complete, with the chain buggered, no damage to valves etc so guessing they are a non interference engine, got the kit online and put it all in and used it for a couple years after that with no dramas
    Pengy, Russian 22. and dannyb like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

It's your driveway that's making it gutless.....