Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Suzuki Jimny

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Also, you just know that any Cruiser/Surf/Hilux has been up a few rivers etc, whereas a Jimny unless already modded has probably only ever been driven to the shops by a woman in her 30's doing the shopping.
    But at least you know the cruiser or hilux will make it thru what ever you go thru
    I'm not saying the Suzuki wouldn't, but you would need to mod it to get it close to a stock cruiser/hilux
    They are gutless and thirsty, plus the years your looking at to get manual bits needed a few mods to be reliable aswell
    And in the above post someone fucked up so you can't blame the truck for the problem
    Maybe find someone to give you a run down on how to bush fix most things on the surf?
    (That way money stays in pocket)

That's a complete lie, I know the guy who did the rural meter reading right around the east coast, tolaga bay to te kaha. Typical days work was a single meter box running a pump miles from nowhere. East coast clay farm tracks every day, rocky beach driving, even low tide mud flat crossing to one particular meter. What did they use? Stock Jimnys with muddies on. They replaced a bunch of ln106 luxes with the Jimnys because they were sick of either repairing them, winching them or calling for recovery!

The only problem with owning a Jimmy is, well, you look like a meter reader

Oh and they certainly float. Easily fixed with the addition of an outboard on the tow bar however!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1415
Size:  123.4 KB
    Only photo I got wtf ! Plywood doors and Muds and a 1200 cc Corola motor . We've hunted from a lj80 ( early jimmy ) for years , it's strengths are greasy wet steep clay farm tracks . Nothing come close to it . 20 yrs hunting same farm and tried hiluxs ( lifted with muds )even 4 we bikes , the Suzuki beats them hands down . Same farm only access is through river , it's got a snorkel and needs it , water ankle deep above the floor mats . Not extremely swift , but you would not take a bike across , never had a problem . Every 4wd has its pros and cons , I for one have thought it was perfect wee hunting truck for two . A modern jimmy with an a frame , I've thought would be the go .
    Last edited by Munsey; 27-05-2015 at 02:43 PM.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I decided I like my Surf after all.
    madjon_ and Munsey like this.

why not just a pig fat swb saf/pootroll? That way you just hold your breath, drive into the river - sink to the bottom - and drive out the other side?
    Pointer, Barefoot and gadgetman like this.

Name:  094.jpg
Views: 1306
Size:  1.08 MB

I've had two one an earlier Samurai this was my last one. It got sold for a Peugeot Convertable 206 Her ladyship indoors was very happy I can't complain because I ended up getting a new KTM EXC-F 250

Nothin wrong with a safari/patrol.
    Pointer and Brian like this.
    Ya can't park there mate.

The above red jeep is for sale if anyone wants a project to bring her back to her former glory ! Most cosmetic flaws will just buff righ out .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

If you get a Jimny, it has to be the flat deck model. Nothing says hard work like a flat deck Jimny.

Theres a video on Youtube comparing a Jimny to a Landrover Defender, the only time the Jimny can't keep up is when it lacks the ground clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    If you get a Jimny, it has to be the flat deck model. Nothing says hard work like a flat deck Jimny.

Theres a video on Youtube comparing a Jimny to a Landrover Defender, the only time the Jimny can't keep up is when it lacks the ground clearance.

Presumably they didn't run it through a large river

Your a few years too late gimp you could have had that blue one.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar

Suzuki Jimny

I had a Vitara.
    Big shocks, wheels, body lift etc
    Once done went to use and it couldn't get a gun box in it.
    Fail.. Straight in trademe.. Never used it at all
    Last edited by Spanners; 28-06-2015 at 10:48 AM.

I had alot of fun in a jimny blasting around old logging tracks, but like screwing fat chicks I wouldnt want my mates to see me.
    Pointer likes this.

Whats a gun box? dont ya just throw them in the back?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I had a pelican1750 that wouldn't fit in my rocky, so I sold the pelican case and crashed the truck, problem solved