Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By blip
  • 1 Post By Ross Nolan

Thread: Suzuki Samurai Intake Gasket

Suzuki Samurai Intake Gasket

Hey Team,

The Samurai got an upgrade with a Harley Davidson carburetor using Zuk Off Road conversion kit. I had to do a few modifications to the intake manifold to make it work. Nothing major but required me to take it off.
    I bought a new gasket from ebay and used copper spray on the gasket. I can't have done a perfect job of prepping the mating surfaces as it's drinking coolant now (got a wet exhaust)

Does anyone have recommendations such as a sealant that could be used on the gasket to help with imperfections?

Cheers
    NikName:  20231104_194054.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  104.8 KB

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

If it's a new gasket it should be fine. Assuming all mating surfaces were cleaned of any old gasket and sealant.
    Otherwise there is probably a few engine specific sealant you could use.
    Otherwise get some three bond and use that. Probably don't need a gasket lol.
    That's the stuff used on engines sump pans. A lot don't even have gaskets anymore just that stuff.
    I would suggest overkill for an intake gasket though

Why is there coolant on an intake manifold? Last time I worked on a zuk we actually turned it over and fired up it and stopped it just to confirm it would go before we buttoned the rest of the intake back onto the engine, unless your one is completely different I can't work out why there's a coolant passage leaking on the intake manifold...

Unless that bit with the coolant hose on the right front of the photo is where you're meaning - which would suggest it is a different donkey to the one I worked on. The above suggestion is correct if that's the case, drain it and pull everything apart, recover the gasket and clean everything up and degrease and depending on the type of manifold gasket get a new one if it needs it then coat everything in a thin layer of coolant proof gasket replacement or gasket maker poo (depending on your terminology). Fit everything loosely so it can't move, then once the poo has set up take everything to torque. If it still leaks you have a head crack or head gasket gone, not unheard of when stuffing with manifolds.

Cheers for the ideas team. Originally the coolant was piped uo from the water log to a barb under the intake. For the conversion it goes via the adaption block.
    I'm not 100% with how tidy I got the surfaces so will pull apart and use a bit of sealer.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Its having organ rejection. A harley carb doesn't even make a harley go any good they used to put a mikuni on them and then poo poo the jap stuff
    Grey Kiwi and csmiffy like this.
    may be sarcastic may be a bad joke

I suspect the anti-seize copper coating - the purpose of this is to stop stuff sticking, so I can't see it working on a gasket.... although it would be easy to remove I suppose.

Fipg or a similar gasket goo would be my thoughts, if a really good clean and retrying a gasket didn't work.
    XR500 likes this.

Yip. Anti seize will be out of its comfort zone in that application. I use the red high temp gasket goo for everything now a days. Excellent stuff.