Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Tips and tricks on new bike.

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    Barely have time for that even @scottrods. With half the 2KCup field knocking on my door for help, I'm having trouble doing my own stuff.
    Haven't even got round to sighting in the AR, or even play with the new 20tac toy.
    Will eventually get round to finishing the quad though. Once the spare lounge suit gets picked up (this week I hope), I'll finally have room in the garage to actually work on things at home.
    No rest for the wicked Cambo.

Rather than a winch I prefer a fence wire strainer and some rope. Easy to attach to either end, only breaks down when my arms fall off and more versatile.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Best thing for a quad is 20 years of experience riding them. If you haven't got that you should consider a course, most agriculture training organisations run them. They are f@cking dangerous, never underestimate that fact.
    A winch is handy but it can encourage you to get into shitty situations.
    Be careful.
    dirtyhabit and BRADS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    Best thing for a quad is 20 years of experience riding them. If you haven't got that you should consider a course, most agriculture training organisations run them. They are f@cking dangerous, never underestimate that fact.
    A winch is handy but it can encourage you to get into shitty situations.
    Be careful.
    Totally agree, this is my first own bike. Was lucky enough to grow up on a farm with one so I'm well aware of the dangers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    Barely have time for that even @scottrods. With half the 2KCup field knocking on my door for help, I'm having trouble doing my own stuff.
    Haven't even got round to sighting in the AR, or even play with the new 20tac toy.
    Will eventually get round to finishing the quad though. Once the spare lounge suit gets picked up (this week I hope), I'll finally have room in the garage to actually work on things at home.
    No wirries. Baldy will help me but just need you to pick brains over. Appreciate everyone is always ringing you hence I'm staying away in-case SWMBO eg. Mrs Cambo bites my head off again

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    First thing I would do is pull the wheels off and overhaul/check the brakes. Poor brakes on steep country will kill you quickly....

Dont worry about it puffing a bit of smoke , check its oil every day and top up as needed . Oil is cheap , motor rebuilds are not .
    Yes to all of this, I got it pretty cheap so I'm getting the work done anyway all by a mechanic, that way I know it's good for years to come.

First trial positions

gadgetman, BRADS and Tommy like this.