Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Two wheeler for the missus.....

I'd go for an XR200 over a 150, both are bullet proof but a 150 will struggle in the sand a bit much I think.

If you're after a farm type bike then you can't beat the mighty TF125 aka mudbug for value and reliability, I've got one sitting in the driveway but needs a new coil.
    timattalon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    I'd go for an XR200 over a 150, both are bullet proof but a 150 will struggle in the sand a bit much I think.

If you're after a farm type bike then you can't beat the mighty TF125 aka mudbug for value and reliability, I've got one sitting in the driveway but needs a new coil.
    Hi mate, so this TF125, you reckon just a coil? How many KMs etc and whats it worth?
    Cheers
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    Hi mate, so this TF125, you reckon just a coil? How many KMs etc and whats it worth?
    Cheers
    I’m not planning on selling it sorry, it’s had a real hard life, I got it from my mate who’s a MX rider and I’m an ex MX rider, standing up to our punishment is a tribute to them. I just use it to give the kids a ride around.

The AG200 is another good one, but need the electric start model as they have the 21in front wheel, I hate the 5-up gearboxes on them.

The TF has better handling in my opinion.

The mighty mudbug TF125, should be easy to find, and even when there fucked they still run. But for the beach a quad would be the best bet as they dont dig into the sand like a 2 wheeler unless you are really trying hard to get stuck, and quad has brakes on the bars and foot.
    40mm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    Any that got used in actual postal service had a brutal life. Starting and stopping 10,000 times a day 5-7 days a week, wearing out both clutch, and more so, brakes.
    They never ran hot and clean so engines were suck.

That said, there's some oz yobbos who put on the "postie challenge", limited to the 50cc, getting from top to bottom of Aus. Madness, and brilliance. Not sure if they're allowed to carry spares or it's all bush engineering.

You should have gone with that. Way funnier.
    All we really know is she has a bung foot and can't be too fat (he's looking at 100s)... I'll open the bidding at 1/2 a fucked MVX
    - the other half if she cooks and cleans, too.
    A guy named Nathan Millward took a partly used postie bike from Sydney to London by way of Nepal IIRC. Couldn't kill the bike, too stubborn to quit. Indestructible pair.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    I’m not planning on selling it sorry, it’s had a real hard life, I got it from my mate who’s a MX rider and I’m an ex MX rider, standing up to our punishment is a tribute to them. I just use it to give the kids a ride around.

The AG200 is another good one, but need the electric start model as they have the 21in front wheel, I hate the 5-up gearboxes on them.

The TF has better handling in my opinion.
    OK, SOmething will pop up. Cheers anyway.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    Mimms said

Mine isnt - its a little perler , although I did replace the clutch after about three years of it being slippy.

Initially I was thinking " show us a pic of your missus - that will dictate what we can swap for her " but thats just crass and silly ......
    Name:  gungirl.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  119.2 KB

Here she is, bit fat, but a heart of gold.
    Spudattack likes this.
    Use enough gun

northdude
    she can ride me untill you find a bike
    40mm likes this.

Drz 250 or the 125 pop up pretty cheap sometimes on trademe.

If you have enough space or a bike holder for the tow bar then a 4 stroke 250 dirt bike may be an option. I'd avoid a 2 stroke. Rebuilds and pretty powerful motors will cause issues

It's Mrs 40mm again. I've done my research and been to look at a few bikes and have narrowed it down to either a CRF125 or CRF150. Next question......who has one of these in good nick that they would like to sell to me??? Pretty please!
    Use enough gun