Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Who has a Jetboat

Depends on a fewthings, Spanners. More stages in the unit = more $'s. Then you need to engine to match the unit. Alloy is $$$, fibre glass is cheaper. Have a squiz on Trade Me, loads on there up to $40k plus

Spanners, I reckon this one on TradeMe would be a good place to start. Ali hull with Fibre glass topsides and comes with a 3 stage jet unit. It's cheap too. My mate has a Ford straight 6 in his and it has plenty of go. I'd assume torque would be king in a Jetboat.

JET BOAT hull and 3 stage | Trade Me

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Spanners, I reckon this one on TradeMe would be a good place to start. Ali hull with Fibre glass topsides and comes with a 3 stage jet unit. It's cheap too. My mate has a Ford straight 6 in his and it has plenty of go. I'd assume torque would be king in a Jetboat.

Owww.. shes needs some 'work' alright lol

Having looked around a bit, think might buy something finished or close to it.
    $10k for a hull + jet, + engine and fitout, cheaper and easier to buy a finished one I think

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post

Would this hull be suitable as a river boat? Seems to have a decent V which may not handle the shallows?? I'd like a boat one day so trying to figure out what I should get when the time finally comes...which may be a while away

Last jet boat was a 151A the same as Baldbobs, but running a 3 stage Hamilton unit, and a mildy worked 350 chev. Good boat, but the hull had too deeper V for really shallow stuff.

Current boat, is this;

Designed by my old man, built by Seahouse. 7.8 metre full alloy hardtop, Hamilton 212 unit, LS1 350 chev, slightly tweaked. Designed for tackling our dangerous and shallow bars, trips off South Otago coast, West Coast, Stewart Island, and reasonable sized rivers.

Currently in the process of putting together some plans for a 12-13ft alloy puddle hopper, for shallow river fun. Have a few bits and pieces sorted, and looking to start building with the old man in winter.

Hmmm, anyone got a jetboat they are looking at selling? Im starting to look around for something now. May almost consider selling my bike to get a alloy one. Those Tuicraft boats look alright ae.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Last jet boat was a 151A the same as Baldbobs, but running a 3 stage Hamilton unit, and a mildy worked 350 chev. Good boat, but the hull had too deeper V for really shallow stuff.

Current boat, is this;

Designed by my old man, built by Seahouse. 7.8 metre full alloy hardtop, Hamilton 212 unit, LS1 350 chev, slightly tweaked. Designed for tackling our dangerous and shallow bars, trips off South Otago coast, West Coast, Stewart Island, and reasonable sized rivers.

Currently in the process of putting together some plans for a 12-13ft alloy puddle hopper, for shallow river fun. Have a few bits and pieces sorted, and looking to start building with the old man in winter.
    What an awesome setup. I have some spots that would come in handy.
    I am looking for a tidy Rakia Marine 3.8-4.0 if anyone knows of one. I sold my last one a few years ago, regretted it ever since.
    Last edited by R93; 02-05-2012 at 11:07 PM.

Anyone in ChCh at QB weekend come over to the Hamilton Jet factory on the Saturday (TBC). We're having an open day of the industrial jets side, and a display of 50yrs of Hamilton Jetboats out on the carpark. Get a look at Aurora too.

Jetboat Restoration

Lunns Road, Christchurch.