Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 1080 For JAFFA ville

wHEN YOU READ THE RECOMMENDATIONS YOU MIGHT NOTICE dOc ALSO WANTS TO STOP THE INCURSION OF DEER INTO THE hUNUA'S

Beats me how the proposal could have gotten this far without many knowing what they were up to.

They are basing their "science" on aerial poisoning costs of only $17 per ha. We know darned well the average cost even back in 2010 was over $55 per ha.

How bent are the "Authors" of that proposal as provided to the Council???? Or have they been believing Forest and Bird and the PCE b/s without bothering to check the facts?

The "Spin Doctor's on Looney Len's team( he has more of these than the Prime Minister) prepared report is here.

Council agrees to new approach to pest management in Hunua Ranges parklands

I've just remembered that the Hunua Ranges are part of Jaffasville's water catchment areas. :>) Fortunately we are on tank water
    Steve123 likes this.

They might be trying to thin the population of Jaffaville out and dumping the shit in the water catchment might be there sneaky plan.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

What gets me the most about the whole 1080 issue is with the Health and Safety rules in this country being so damn tough that a deadly poison can be spread from the air. This is without going into the animal welfare Act.If I wanted to put down a animal using a method that could take a couple of days to kill it, it would be "see you in court."

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    What gets me the most about the whole 1080 issue is with the Health and Safety rules in this country being so damn tough that a deadly poison can be spread from the air. This is without going into the animal welfare Act.If I wanted to put down a animal using a method that could take a couple of days to kill it, it would be "see you in court."
    Exactly and why don't those 'Special Pricks Cunts Arseholes' (SPCA) do something about it.Because it is the government not Joe Bloggs.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Techincally its Auckland Council doing the drop. ARC (Regional Council) ceased to exist in 2010.

But generally 99% of Aucklanders don't know or don't care about 1080, so don't expect much fuss.
    I bet "loopy len" would have re-employed the ones which follow his agenda on the Super City endless budget.

They 1080d in the 1990s when I lived up there, the local pig hunting club was the most vocal anti group I can remember.
    I think they had just released kokako back into the ranges and they were getting munted by the rats and possums.
    We lived in the buffer zone and got cyanide in cute little envelopes addressed to our posssums.
    The ranger who lived at cosies dam thought that pig numbers rose after the poisoning as there was no hunting pressure for 6 months. Bird numbers certainly went up dramatically afterwards and as far as I can recall no Aucklanders got poisoned.
    kiwijames likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    They might be trying to thin the population of Jaffaville out and dumping the shit in the water catchment might be there sneaky plan.

Len is many "things" but he is well aware that he needs us ratepayers to pay his salary and buy him his new train set. SO that plan would not work unless, unbeknown to us, he has secretly taken out a life insurance policy on each of us with his slush fund as the benficiary

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Nope. When you read the report, it is easy to see they were convinced by nothing more than spin and bullshit. As scribe says, 12 months is a long time. The ACC might end up drowning in their own filth.
    I ferkn wish. Dirty Len and his crew deserve to be 1080'd

Quote Originally Posted by keneff View Post
    I ferkn wish. Dirty Len and his crew deserve to be 1080'd
    With recent events like 1080 blackmailer Jeremy Kerr left DNA on letters | Stuff.co.nz it might be wise to keep that sort of thing to a minimum bro. I dislike Len as much as the next guy, perhaps more, but that carry on helps no-one
    Pengy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Live trap all of the rats, mice and possums and then release them in the beehive. The little critters would be dead in a minute in that toxic environment.
    SPCA has rules about mistreatment of animals......you are simply not allowed to be that cruel, and if you are they wont let you have a F/A as clearly something is "broken" upstairs. Besides its the heat from all the hot air, that makes it worse.....Its like living in an oven of halitosis toxins....

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    SPCA has rules about mistreatment of animals......you are simply not allowed to be that cruel, and if you are they wont let you have a F/A as clearly something is "broken" upstairs. Besides its the heat from all the hot air, that makes it worse.....Its like living in an oven of halitosis toxins....
    Well that made me chuckle.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

The SPCA is a waste of time in as far as 1080 poison goes because under the various Acts, wild animals are exempt from the animal welfare protections. The only possible prosecution that could be brought is where is could be proven that 1080 was being deliberately used to target deer and other large mammals. Of course, the poison brigade are well aware of this law and make sure their resource consent application specify nothing other than rats, stoats cats and possums- but anyone with even a fragment of human brain tissue knows very well the severe effects that this poison has had on deer herds like the blue mountain Caples valley Fallow and similar herds. DoC quietly snicker up their shirt cuffs.
    veitnamcam and blake like this.