Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree301Likes

Thread: 2019 Toby Goodley Memorial shoot

ebf
    Done, will drag @kiwi39 along as usual
    kiwi39 likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Done, will drag @kiwi39 along as usual
    Make sure he has all his gear......
    ebf likes this.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Booked accommodation early on. Will probably drive up from Canterbury all going to plan. Looking forward to the 'shoot of the year'
    Philipo, Shootm and 199p like this.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Hey everyone, as I said before seems I've kinda ended up with the organizing duties this year, shit there's nothing worse than a bossy gnome lol

However - I thought I'd just touch base with how things are going

I & Brads have received some PM's re the shoot so just to clear a couple of things up & go over things again, focused more at those that haven't attended before just read through the whole thread, the details are there but here's some det's

* This year there is no compulsory attendance fee, With the accommodation fees etc we have decided to scrub all that shit, We're not into milking people for money ( it's expensive enough already ) but a donation would be appreciated, weather that is supplying or buying something from the auction.

* With out sounding like a Nazi, All happy, positive & responsible Forum members are welcome, you can come to only the shoot if you like but there will be a "hat" donation to cover targets & lunch. exact location details will be provided closer to the date.

* Only the shoot is a Brads ( aka Duncan & Mel's ) farm, they have invited us to use the range & that's it ! There will be a sign in book & everyone who comes to the range needs to sign in.

* Lunch will be provided on Saturday for all attending the range shoot ( this in nothing to do with Duncan or Mel ) it is being paid for by another very generous forum member, please don't take advantage of the hospitality.

* We will have a pre-safety briefing & the range will be patrolled by designated range officers, please use common sense & listen to instructions.

* The morning will be a free for all gong shoot, there will be a separate 100y sight in range available with a range officer for the first hour in case you need to check your zero.

* It's a "down the line" shoot, so there will be an area for braked & suppressed rifles

* We will have the trophy comp after lunch, these will include the freestanding 300, consistency & 2000y big boy comp, but we are working on a "hunting rifle" trophy that will be a little more realistic for average Joe blow but still reward good shooting.

* The range will be closed at 4:30

* Prize giving, dinner & the auction will be head at Pukeora, just to be clear You don't have to stay there but that's our base so please book a meal with them. There are other options in Waipuk to stay at or maybe even a forum member who will host you. But beware we do not support drinking & driving so make sure you have a get home plan please

* Re the auction - I will have a mix of things on offer & will sort with admin to have a bank account available for funds raised.

* Partners are more than welcome, Main thing is come, have fun, talk to people & enjoy your weekend.
    Shootm, veitnamcam, Pengy and 2 others like this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Sorry forgot to add - Any suggestions on things to improve etc are much appreciated

The base TGS attendees have my number or are on FB messenger, just flick me a holla

Chur

Thanks Philipo. Me and Jotan will be joining you then. Cant wait.
    janleroux likes this.

ebf
    @2post, just ask one of the boys to point you in my direction, and I'll be happy to help you shoot a wee bit further than you've done in the past

offer is open to any of the other attendees.

@2post, just ask one of the boys to point you in my direction, and I'll be happy to help you shoot a wee bit further than you've done in the past

I will take you up on that offer mate
    ebf likes this.

I had about 20 cracks at the 530y plate and hit it once or twice maybe I need some mentoring lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mathias likes this.
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

ebf
    @Gibo, some people are beyond any help
    Gibo likes this.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
    I had about 20 cracks at the 530y plate and hit it once or twice maybe I need some mentoring lol

Just practice your 300 standing mate....that trophy needs to head south this year
    jakewire likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Just practice your 300 standing mate....that trophy needs to head south this year
    I’m a couple of venison’s behind where I was this time last year so might not be as sharp lol

Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

I have one more stock made by young Tobes if you want to use it as another trophy?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Dont need any help, the white stick taped to the end of the barrel gets me an extre 2 meters but in case it comes off I might take you up on that offer.
    ebf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    I have one more stock made by young Tobes if you want to use it as another trophy?
    Yes we might take you up on that offer Maca unless someone has another option

At this stage the consensus is that we have 4 trophies, they being

*300 free standing ball bag stock trophy - as per normal

*2000 big boys TG trophy - as per normal

* The SAS shot consistency trophy - I like the idea of having a set of targets at say 350-450 yards that vary from large to small and all must be hit to progress ( this would be great for people with varmint calibers etc )

* A new trophy , More for average Joe with a average Joe set up, say from 800 - 1200 yards ( This can be worked out later )

Our idea for the 2000 & 800-1200 comp is that you can only enter one but not both, I think that gives each trophy it's own identity & style.

I realise that these comps can soak up a bit of time, but if run efficiently well get through em pretty quickly & they're lot of fun to shoot in & watch.

PS - & after the disgusting rantings of a certain member in the National Shooting Comp thread this arvo, I'm bloody intent on making this an awesome event to participate in, chur

Thoughts & input please
    Last edited by Philipo; 06-05-2019 at 08:38 PM.
    Shootm, 199p, ebf and 2 others like this.