Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree23Likes
  • 4 Post By Moa Hunter
  • 2 Post By ROKTOY
  • 3 Post By sightpicture
  • 5 Post By DavidGunn
  • 1 Post By dogmatix
  • 2 Post By Maca49
  • 2 Post By Mr Browning
  • 1 Post By Maca49

Thread: Am I Blind - 13 July ???

Banned

Am I Blind - 13 July ???

I must have gone blind with tears as we get closer to July 13 and the first gun confiscation.

I cant find the thread in which this was discussed and where also discussed was meeting up for a Barby.
    Anyway, in that thread, on July 3 I said that I would contact the Racecourse and find out what is happening and if it is possible to hold a small Barby onsite at the Racecourse and what the Racecourse would require of us as far as conduct and times.
    Today I spoke by phone with Kim at the Racecourse and asked her about this:Kim - " The Police have booked out the entire Racecourse Venue - that is the entire site" Me - does this mean that there is no area available for hire for a social Barby ? Kim - " I am very sorry but that is what it means, in fact because of Police security not even Racecourse members will be able to come on site"
    Kim told me that she has been dealing with two persons from the Police but was not at liberty to give out those persons names.

It would appear unlikely that the Police would allow a Barby at the Racecourse IMO.
    Has the prior thread been deleted by someone or is it just my tears ???

Just your tears, sorry.
    Firearm law changes section.
    It looks like they are trying to give themselves a good safety margin/no go zone .
    Last edited by ROKTOY; 05-07-2019 at 06:12 PM.
    Moa Hunter and outlander like this.

"It looks like they are trying to give themselves a good safety margin/no go zone" ...and to control the narrative, so only idiocy-friendly media are allowed anywhere nearby to 'report'. Plus, with no witnesses, the Nashville Cats* are free to make whatever allegations they wish about the process and its inductees. IMO.

* actually a cool song. Have a listen if you don't already know it. Relaxing...

https://www.songfacts.com/facts/the-...nashville-cats
    Moa Hunter, WallyR and ROKTOY like this.

Security will be that tight you will not be allowed to take firearms in.
    dogmatix, tetawa, Pengy and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    I must have gone blind with tears as we get closer to July 13 and the first gun confiscation.

I cant find the thread in which this was discussed and where also discussed was meeting up for a Barby.
    Anyway, in that thread, on July 3 I said that I would contact the Racecourse and find out what is happening and if it is possible to hold a small Barby onsite at the Racecourse and what the Racecourse would require of us as far as conduct and times.
    Today I spoke by phone with Kim at the Racecourse and asked her about this:Kim - " The Police have booked out the entire Racecourse Venue - that is the entire site" Me - does this mean that there is no area available for hire for a social Barby ? Kim - " I am very sorry but that is what it means, in fact because of Police security not even Racecourse members will be able to come on site"
    Kim told me that she has been dealing with two persons from the Police but was not at liberty to give out those persons names.

It would appear unlikely that the Police would allow a Barby at the Racecourse IMO.
    Has the prior thread been deleted by someone or is it just my tears ???
    Simple, book it for the 14th.
    Police DON'T have the entire venue that day.
    The Riccarton Markets do and the 10,000 people going shopping.
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Where can I buy a giant Nash-caricature balloon?

These guys are way over the top! What do they think another Tarrant will turn up? Their heads are seriously screwed. If this had been done correctly and without hysteria. The B Cat remained and loop holes closed, all A Cats given 6 months to comply, the money saved, the beautiful rifles saved, the goodwill shown, the illegal firearms dealt to severely, the good will gained! Would haven a win win for and NZ a lot safer than its gonna be after the dust settles on this bullshit! I’m in Aussie at present and it makes me very uneasy to see all their cops carrying sidearm in a country, because of it gun laws, should be the safest on the planet? Funny it ain’t and they feel the need to carry!
    I see some people were shot with ball bearings the other day, confirming their laws ain’t working, where there’s a Will and a nutter, there’s a way!
    WallyR and sightpicture like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

@Maca49......if another T turned up the results would be a blood bath... any one can see it,so why not a nutjob????

They cant do much if youre sitting across the road at the pub (which is where I intend to be). Guess the name of the bar. The Carbine bar and grill. Hell yeah.

https://findchch.com/places/4534-car...cecourse-hotel
    40mm and dannyb like this.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

well at least the cops would have plenty of race course for their strays. Bags will be checked and a metal detector run over you before you enter! I wonder at what point your firearm will be checked to make sure there’s not one up the spout? And where the competent person will be found? And who will check the checker? Could be a very dangerous situation to put ones self in??
    sightpicture likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Simple, book it for the 14th.
    Police DON'T have the entire venue that day.
    The Riccarton Markets do and the 10,000 people going shopping.
    Does anyone know if Media will attend either day ? Has anyone been in contact with the Act Party re the 13th or 14th - good opportunity for ACT and good for gun owners to have an MP present as the Police are answerable to any MP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Browning View Post
    They cant do much if youre sitting across the road at the pub (which is where I intend to be). Guess the name of the bar. The Carbine bar and grill. Hell yeah.

https://findchch.com/places/4534-car...cecourse-hotel
    Wonder if they will allow a bbq out front ?

Should get some posters made up and plaster them around the entrances to the venue.

Kiwi Gun Blog has some nice simple images that would make great posters.