Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Forum Rusa Party Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    You got one part of the above correct
    Bein an arse????
    Maca49 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Bein an arse????
    Call me arse Call Colardo the Shite comin outa it !! So wrong bro .
    Maca49 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoshotkill View Post
    Sounds like a wall of death is going to arrive at the hut.... Surely someone will shoot something!!!......
    Mohawk mentioned you can drive a 4x4 to the hut??? Why dosent someone drive the gear in??
    Hi ya twoshotkill ( I love your new name !!!!) , when we were in there in spring we shared the hut with 6 locals from ages 50-5 years old ( I kid you not ask Mucko) who came in on horse back from the galatea end. They were a bunch of rough looking Maoris... Dont judge a book by ther cover they were some of the nicest and hospitable people I have ever met hunting.

They never walk in only come in by horse back they couldnt belive we walked in thought we were nuts, and when we brought out the back country food for dinner they said and I quote " you cant eat that shit "! and gave us some of there awesome feed of real bangers and real mash!!!! AWESOME.

I also had a chat to a guy that brought his (suziki vatara type 4wd) from the top end apparently its only accessable by 4wd from the top end. I would assume its not for novice 4 wd drivers from the landscape that I saw . Also they were , how do I say this not townie 4wd , ie they had battle scars in there 4wd.
    Twoshotkill and Hunt4life like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Bein an arse????
    Good spotting Gibo

Good spotting Gibo
    MACA wats your problem ? Had a three paragraph comment here can't be bothered. Please stop winding me up with yr negative posts or stand by for a huge comment session!

Happy I think you started it, but I could be wrong,

Happy I think you started it, but I could be wrong,
    Yep yr wrong O+O

Fuck that was weird though it was a bit of a joke???
    Cheer up chap!

Happy, with respect to what you said about there only being 4 directions N, S, E, W. The track is like a highway with lots of fairly steep-sided valleys that run into it. It we split up into groups of two (which seems to be how we are looking) we not struggle to find room for us all if we plan carefully the night before and stick to that plan (ie. if you aren't supposed to cross that that ridge, don't bloody cross it). I'm confident we won't be tripping over each others toes if you do decide to join us in the end. Moreover, the chances are as we get closer to the date people will pull out, I mean, we can't all get time off work or not have any commitments on that weekend. No trouble if you aren't keen to come, but let what I have said be reassurance to those who are still keen to come, but want to make sure all is well.

On another note, for those who haven't had much time out and are thinking about how chilly it will be. Be warned, it will most likely be very cold and quite probably wet. If you don't have the right gears, you'll feel the cold (and possibly the wet). But shit, its not the arctic. Come with a good spirit and be prepared and it will be all good.
    Barefoot, Scouser, Gibo and 1 others like this.
    Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipgr View Post
    Happy, with respect to what you said about there only being 4 directions N, S, E, W. The track is like a highway with lots of fairly steep-sided valleys that run into it. It we split up into groups of two (which seems to be how we are looking) we not struggle to find room for us all if we plan carefully the night before and stick to that plan (ie. if you aren't supposed to cross that that ridge, don't bloody cross it). I'm confident we won't be tripping over each others toes if you do decide to join us in the end. Moreover, the chances are as we get closer to the date people will pull out, I mean, we can't all get time off work or not have any commitments on that weekend. No trouble if you aren't keen to come, but let what I have said be reassurance to those who are still keen to come, but want to make sure all is well.

On another note, for those who haven't had much time out and are thinking about how chilly it will be. Be warned, it will most likely be very cold and quite probably wet. If you don't have the right gears, you'll feel the cold (and possibly the wet). But shit, its not the arctic. Come with a good spirit and be prepared and it will be all good.
    Well said young man, have a great trip and good luck with the hunting.

Is ok that Im more interested in going to have a good time then too hunt?
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Toby with the year you have had I think everyone will be chuffed just to see you up and about!
    Twoshotkill, Toby and Happy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk660 View Post
    Toby with the year you have had I think everyone will be chuffed just to see you up and about!
    Probably not the right place to say this but I just jumped into bed and then looked on the wall amoung pig tusk and horns and saw 4 necklaces full of beads asome small bags of beads and the purple heart. It made me think of everything I have done but seeing that purple heart which is for completing treatment just made me extremly happy and its a great feeling I havent felt like this in a long time but Im keen to meet you lot and have to be thankful for the cancer or I would never have met you lot and its been great to have gotten to know some of you guys. Thanks NZHS
    Twoshotkill, Happy, Sniper and 3 others like this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Absolutely
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Probably not the right place to say this but I just jumped into bed and then looked on the wall amoung pig tusk and horns and saw 4 necklaces full of beads asome small bags of beads and the purple heart. It made me think of everything I have done but seeing that purple heart which is for completing treatment just made me extremly happy and its a great feeling I havent felt like this in a long time but Im keen to meet you lot and have to be thankful for the cancer or I would never have met you lot and its been great to have gotten to know some of you guys. Thanks NZHS
    You just had an epiphany Toby.
    Toby and Happy like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms