Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: HAMILTON SHOOTING AND OUTDOORS EXPO.

I could of sworn this thread was on an outdoor expo in Hamilton.
    compound likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Interesting discussions at times on this subject...One of the Thames Landcare guys on the table had his two dogs poisoned by 1080 on his own property. If you have ever seen any animal die of 1080 you will understand.

Now anyone that loves his dogs as much as this man did will accept it takes a lot of coming back from such a terrible event.

Now Doc and Regional Council have no excuse for causing such trauma...Both organizations acknowledged that they failed to follow even the most basic guidelines by neglecting to...Advise the neiboughring properties they were using 1080 on a private farm...failed to advertize the said use of the toxin in the local newspaper....Failed to put up the appropiate signage where the poison was used.

So if you visit our table and want to have your say about how good 1080 is...it would probably be deemed wiser if you kept such remarks to yourself.

Both the DOC Area Manager, and the Chairman of the Waikato Conservation, have learnt this harsh lesson, that in cases like this the wiser man knows when to be a listener rather than a talker.
    A friend had two good horses poisoned in there paddock at lake Rotoaira,took a long time to get compensation ,and gonna take years to start and retrain new horses .

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    The SPCA can't make up their mind what is good and whats bad.
    I started a thread in the dog section regarding the sentencing of two northland guys for cleaning up their neighbours dogs. I don't believe it should have even made it to court. They shot about 30 dogs. End of story. But the SPCA and the media got hold of it and had a field day.
    Don't expect the SPCA to be sympathetic about shooting deer for any reason. Ask the home kill industry. There has been talk that shooting an animal does not end its life fast enough and that all animals should be stunned.
    The SPCA definately have a place, but they need to be kept in their place also.
    Just my view. Sorry about hijacking the thread. If anyone wants to carry on with my view jump across to my thread in the dog column.
    Dont worry I already have hijacked my own thread way back.

I agree the SPCA is pretty flakey...But they have promised a prosecution this year on 1080... If a case such as the poisoning of the six polo ponies at Turangi (Rangipo) or like my mates two dogs poisoned on there own property comes up.

Baz
    Is the expo still on. Can't find much about it around the web etc??

Cancelled.
    In the words of the organiser as per facebook

"We are very sorry, but due to ill health the Expo will have to be cancelled this year. We wish to thank all those who have supported us and please believe this has not been an easy decision to make. To all of your that were expecting to attend our grateful thanks for the support. Perhaps we will see you next year."