Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Meet and Greet for Gapped Axe

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    A brief summation.
    This "Meet and Greet" idea was originated by Bos (@Gapped Axe) and he put it to myself and @Ingrid 51 as something he would like to do; so, with a bit of effort and ultimately GREAT Support from Forum members AND NZDA Rotorua branch and Malcolm Perry (who the range is named after), we achieved a happy outcome.
    A real good bunch of forum members attended, from as far away as Nth Waikato, Otorahonga, Tauranga, Taupo, and of course Rotorua , CNI and BOP.
    The rifle rack in the covered 100 /200 m mound was packed with a real variety of rifles from classic double rifles thru .577, old service special purpose rifles, all sorts of hunting rifles and even NRA competition .308. Orderly zeroeing took place followed by a friendly challenge to shoot three balloons with three shots at 100m in twenty seconds. There were some very good shooters evident.
    After this we decamped to the range clubhouse where bbqs and cookers were lit up. Food and drink aplenty starting with a big pot of brewed tea and a pot full of hot cheerios as entree's. The ensueing food line up included smoked marlin, veni and wild pork spicy sausages, fried onions, cackleberries, bread, coleslaw, even Truffles, and of course, a few beers. Great stories all round a BIG table sheltered from the wind and sun. ( bugger all rain at all)
    At the end of the day everybody mucked in to clean up and leave the facilities clean, swept and tidy.
    Donations were deposited in the range honesty box.
    Most of the chaps made a point that the forum should do more of this and suggested venues included the Tauriko range, Te Puke range, Rotorua and others as well. @GA has told me he is very happy the way it worked out and is keen for another in the future.
    It could not have been as good as it was without the good natured attendance and friendship of those forum members who were able to attend. You guys really made it what it was. GA, INGRID 51 and I thank you sincerely.
    I contacted and have asked Malcolm Perry to express NZH&S forum's heartfelt thanks to the committee of Rotorua NZDA for their kind hospitality.
    Cheers
    was a great day woody i could facilitate the Tauriko event.
    johnd and Woody like this.

Count me in and I’ll help if home. Just been caravanning down Opotiki way for eight nights and likely to head away when we we can.
    mucko likes this.

Gone but not forgotten
    Is there still a Tauriko range? I thought I read somewhere there was a range but it was closed down and TECT used instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    Is there still a Tauriko range? I thought I read somewhere there was a range but it was closed down and TECT used instead?
    the club rooms are still at Tauriko but yes we built a range at tect park. over the next 2 years we will have a 900 close to running as well as some other developments that will see the range a standout in the north island
    Muckos Shooting accessories and engineering https://www.facebook.com/aimnzengineering/