Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Nelson Steel Gong challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Yeah I guess at that distance if you only have an approx. it could be very hard
    My memory is not what is used to be according to Strelok was 757 yards..................is that approximate enough for ya, @Gibo
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Was a great day, I know a few hunters with 308's that wouldn't have disgraced themselves and was a bloody good chance to practice at differing range
    The first stage shooting from sitting messed with a few of the shooters who came with sandbags and bipods.
    I'm happy with 4th in hunter class with the .260AI I was still fireforming brass for on saturday night, and only using the BDC holdover on my cheap prostaff to adjust for range. I do need to printout a chart of my ranges to hold instead of the one on my stock, a few times I found myself holding between the 2nd and 3rd dot when meant to be between 3rd and 4th
    mikee, Pengy and sambnz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by specweapon View Post
    Was a great day, I know a few hunters with 308's that wouldn't have disgraced themselves and was a bloody good chance to practice at differing range
    The first stage shooting from sitting messed with a few of the shooters who came with sandbags and bipods.
    I'm happy with 4th in hunter class with the .260AI I was still fireforming brass for on saturday night, and only using the BDC holdover on my cheap prostaff to adjust for range. I do need to printout a chart of my ranges to hold instead of the one on my stock, a few times I found myself holding between the 2nd and 3rd dot when meant to be between 3rd and 4th

You shot well, especially with a rifle with the operating lever on the "wrong side" for ya
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

The operating lever is underneath, and is very ambidextrous. The lever you refer to seldom gets used when i'm hunting, usually just once
    veitnamcam and mikee like this.