Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks Hennie, a well run shoot. Good workout of positional shooting, specially the bipod and snap shot which are often neglected skills in NZDA competition. A few well thought out tweaks were made: The targets used were on display for inspection of the scoring rings before the shoot, the snap shot was stretched out to 5 seconds, so it considerably more friendly and I don't think anyone went over time. Scoring did appear to be inward guaging and a faint red circle was visible on the standing target (sambar) to guide where to shoot (not so, the black chamois which had a small mysterious high score zone somewhere near the shoulder joint).

There was a lot of good shooting on the standing/snap target. Many sambar would have died on the day but perhaps not all the chamois. The penalty points for poorly placed shots took their toll on most shooters' scores. For the record, Hennie's score was head and shoulders above everyone else there. I was sceptical but I have to admit now that a "perfect score" could possibly be within reach (for someone who can shoot a lot better than me).

I hear that there are good photos on facebook but for the "faceless" I thought I'd post a follow up note here.
    Kscott likes this.