Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Ted Rogers Auction

Ted Rogers Auction

His last auction in October, then into retirement.

Banned
    Unfortunately no one is stepping up to fill the gap left by Ted , or Steve from Wellington Antique Arms. The only one left seems to be the Ruahine Branch Auction , as held yesterday .

Other wise it is the small branch auctions at their meetings. The new rules have no doubt contributed , but Ted and Mrs Ted are well into their 80's now and have done a fine job for many years.

We need someone to take up the task.....
    57jl likes this.

Is Carvell's still going? I assume they'll have their October/November auction.
    Also where would one find a catalogue for Ted's upcoming auction? I always find it slightly amusing that it's both hard to find out when the auctions are on and tracking down a catalogue.
    Last edited by Makros; 03-09-2023 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makros View Post
    Is Carvell's still going? I assume they'll have their October/November auction.
    Also where would one find a catalogue for Ted's upcoming auction? I always find it slightly amusing that it's both hard to find out when the auctions are on and tracking down a catalogue.
    They are emailed/posted out to those on their mailing lists. Ted used to also put it up on his website (also the prices after the auction). PM your email and I'll forward you the catalogue when it comes out.

Ted was forced, along with a few other of the auctions, to make his online catalogue unavailable so the antis didn't have easy access.
    Having the calalogue so visable back a few years ago probabaly cost him his St Pats School venue for his auctions. Machine guns at a school etc etc. uproar.
    Russian 22. and 40mm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by winchesterM69A View Post
    Unfortunately no one is stepping up to fill the gap left by Ted , or Steve from Wellington Antique Arms. The only one left seems to be the Ruahine Branch Auction , as held yesterday .

Other wise it is the small branch auctions at their meetings. The new rules have no doubt contributed , but Ted and Mrs Ted are well into their 80's now and have done a fine job for many years.

We need someone to take up the task.....
    Are Wellington branch not having any future auctions?

Interesting prices yesterday at Ruahine. Sporting rifles and shotguns and many pistols they couldn’t even give away. Still some good prices on some of the collectibles though.
    Many items not reaching reserve which will Means that price expectations will need to drop significantly.

Banned
    My guess is very few collectors have taken the plunge into registration so they simply didnt bid. Thats my situation - couple of rifles i would have liked but not gonna trigger having to register the rest at present.

I believe the guy who ran the Wellington Antique Arms auctions has given up and no one wants to take his place so no more auctions for now. I suspect its a huge job and not everyone has the time or inclination.

Quote Originally Posted by omark View Post
    Are Wellington branch not having any future auctions?

Interesting prices yesterday at Ruahine. Sporting rifles and shotguns and many pistols they couldn’t even give away. Still some good prices on some of the collectibles though.
    Many items not reaching reserve which will Means that price expectations will need to drop significantly.
    Global phenomenon I am afraid. Even the really high end collector stuff has taken a huge hit compared to 15 years ago.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

Feels like the beginning of the end almost , couple guns I wouldn’t mind bidding on but likewise not keen to trigger quite yet

Ruahine Prices Realised has just arrived in my inbox. Lot's of zeroes in the columns.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Ruahine Prices Realised has just arrived in my inbox. Lot's of zeroes in the columns.
    I let some bargains go by because I hadn't looked at them during the viewing, then got tunnel vision on a couple of items of interest instead, and consequently overspent... ah well

I will miss Teds... it was always a good weekend for shopping therapy, drinking too much of the free coffee but paying for overpriced pies, while hanging out with mates and acquaintances talking about all things guns. Then taking new goodies home and fudging the numbers to the Mrs about how much you actually spent.

Quote Originally Posted by -BW- View Post
    I let some bargains go by because I hadn't looked at them during the viewing, then got tunnel vision on a couple of items of interest instead, and consequently overspent... ah well

I will miss Teds... it was always a good weekend for shopping therapy, drinking too much of the free coffee but paying for overpriced pies, while hanging out with mates and acquaintances talking about all things guns. Then taking new goodies home and fudging the numbers to the Mrs about how much you actually spent.
    Oh so you are just a standard gun nut then, I thought I might be different haha
    -BW- likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    Oh so you are just a standard gun nut then, I thought I might be different haha
    Has anyone seen the catalogue yet? Nothing has turned up

Quote Originally Posted by omark View Post
    Has anyone seen the catalogue yet? Nothing has turned up
    only access to some flicker images at this stage
    The Church of
    John Browning
    of the Later-Day Shooter

Here's what he said -

CATALOGUES
    Catalogues will be posted out in mid-late-September. Pdf versions of the catalogue will be emailed early September, please ensure you clear out your mailbox and allow our emails, so you don’t miss the catalogue, or it goes into your Junk folder.