Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Advice on new boots

I got some lowa ranger gtxs last week , went for a walk last night and they were awesome. Highly recommended them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hales Smut View Post
    The Spanish brand BESTARD seem to get very good reviews here in Europe. Anybody tried them? ( Also imported by EZDIRECT )

The same for CRISPI boots, anybody tried them?
    I've got BESTARD Seraks the best boot I ever owned.Name:  015.JPG
Views: 2826
Size:  54.3 KB
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Thanks. These Bestard boot seems to have good qualities, but seem hardly used in our part of Europe. The Coto BG3 model seems to have a special anti-slip sole. Better than the universaly used vibram soles. In another topic on boots I noticed that most NZ hunters seem to blame Vibram soles as being to slippery on wet rocks, etc.....
    I might give them a try. The Seraks probaly are a bit more of a mountain boot, slightly stiffer in the shaft.

Name:  001.JPG
Views: 2048
Size:  56.8 KB

Bush boot
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

I've just bought a pair of BESTARD Seraks from EZDirect. Great service. They look the deal and are very comfy for my wide feet. A few days in the hills next week will be the real test though.

Spent many years in Bullers and Rubber Hikers and they killed my feet. They don't have any cushioning effect and the Hikers cook in the summer. And if you work with sheep they are bloody terrible in the drenching race. You feel every damned hoof that treads on the top of your feet. They are great to wear hunting alright, but believe me, they are buggering your feet for old age.

I've had a couple of pairs of Mammut Crest GTX over the last few years and they have been excellent including in hard Tahr country. They are fantastic value and are wide fitting. For value and durability I don't think you can go past them. Mountain Design often have them on sale. I have only changed to the Bestards because they are a higher boot and I'm having trouble with an archilles that needs support.
    Mountain Designs - Boots

Madjon, you seem a man of good taste. Browning shotguns and black Labradors. I am a spanielman myself, certainly because the breed is very usefull for my type of shooting, but I have always admired a nice black labrador. Certainly when deer is a part of your hunting a lab is more allround than a spaniel. It just is a hunting man's dog. Although I must admit that a nice solid liver GWP would be a nice runner up. You also seem to have plenty of experience on good boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot View Post
    stoney creek rusa boots. high sealed boot for river crossings, soft sole for quiet bush stalking and darn comfortable, light, no need to wear in. good all round boot.
    Yep, the Rusa is a great bush boot
    I also have some Garmont Dakota's for the alpine stuff ( I cant say I'd recommend them though! )

Those mammut crest gtx boots are not too bad, had my pair for the last 4-5 years and have only just started cracking near the toe. Still waterproof and more comfortable than my Lowa Uplanders. I would never buy any walking boots made in china. Have just got a pair of Island pros, looking to test them out this weekend but pretty good so far. Tried most brands on that had my size. And remember.. just because its not a hunting shop doesnt mean it doesnt sell good quality outdoor gear