Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

Like Tree431Likes

Thread: All things Maxtoch..

Yep one reserved wire - will be in touch. Cheers Mike

I had the pleasure of meeting Mudgrips this evening and got to physically look and handle all the torches. The advantage was I had a number to facets explained to me about the different torches, something you wouldn’t get in a shop.

I went to buy one and could resist coming home with 3🙄

So it was a real toss up between the 2xShooter and XPro, I settled on the xpro as generally hunt with others and more power is better right. I have the option to scope mount but if I purposely purchased to live on my rifle then I would have grabbed the 2xShooter. Also the XPro comes with bigger 21700 batteries that give a 2hr run time which is unreal. The kit comes with a case, spare switch, wrist strap, few replacement seals and plastic sleeves in case you want to run the 18560 batteries.

My son loves hanging out the truck window flicking his headlamp around, always asks for the spotlight ect. His headlamp will be flat and struggling to see the truck wheels but he is still out doing it. On this note I couldn’t resist grabbing an M1Archer for him. These take one smaller 18650 battery. Really suited to his wee rascal .22 as so small and light. The kit comes with a case, holster, wrist strap, spare switch and seals.

Also grabbed an Archer for my father as he runs a P7 ledlenser or the likes so this will give him a taste of MaxToch.

Finished the kits by grabbing spare batteries for all the torches and 2 charges. The charges have cool charging lights, come with 2 pin plug and 12 volt cigarette plug. They are a significant upgrade on the old trustfire gear we all picked up 10 odd years ago.

So to paint the picture I have read all the feedback, watched the videos ect and knew they would some of the best kit available.

So got home and gave them a wizz on marginally charged batteries. these things are unreal and I can honestly say the videos on line don’t do them justice as I also found out when I tried to video them in action. I would comfortable shoot a deer at 300m with the Archer. I didn’t really have the full opportunity to test the legs on the XPro but it would be fair to say it’s in a totally different league.

I’m one of those guys who researches for months before laying down my hard earned cash and this purchase I can honestly say lives up to and exceeds expectations. You always have in the back of your mind the Chinese torches makers that advertise their gear putting out a trillion candle power, get it and it hardly lights up a room. Not the MaxToch. And the other piece of mind is Gadgetman a local forum goer can fix these is required.

So in summary we are privilledged to have locals design these torches for our use, sourced locally at very reasonable prices and supported locally.

Big thumbs up by me. Thanks (PS. I don’t have shares in MaxToch)
    rugerman, Pengy, 6x47 and 5 others like this.

Welcome to the MaxToch family Stag
    They are a whole new level above led lensers
    Stag likes this.

Thanks mudgripz torch arrived today. Batteries on charger, might go and give it a test/comparison with my other spotties tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M1 Archer won't compare with 2X or XPro, but for a wee one its quite something...
    Micky Duck likes this.

By no means a exhaustive or even scientific test...here goes. First one is 3500 lumen halogen...second the Archer...

And again..

Yes the phone does not do it justice. It is a comparison though..

Much better in real life ah? How far was the bottom tree away?

Craig are you sure Archer was on high not dropped to medium for second photo? If that tree is 100-200m away it should really light it up - like in this link - go to 8.50 secs for beamshots. This is what I see in the paddock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIqBSQfNFrw

The photos do not do it justice. The second tree was 150-200 metres away. Both lights were suitable for my purpose at that distance for which is spotting eyes. I don’t tend to take long shots and generally try to get closer. That might cost me some animals but can live with that. I suppose what I trying to get at is the Archer for its size and value is definitely fit for purpose. I can see me using the spottie to spot and the Archer mounted on rifle/scope to shoot with. I will need to test the theory out...

Pengy likes this.

Bloody hard to get good photos - I've never managed to. But that setup you speak of is exactly what we see Archer for - a wee scope light with enough grunt to pop animals at 200m.

The Archer review link above is done by a mate Texas Dave, who helped Brian and I lots with LED/photo testing on the 2X development. But he has some very special photographic gear to get right images - not like mine!!
    gadgetman and dannyb like this.

@mudgripz can I get replacement tail cap switches or pressure switch. All mine crapped out on the M24 sniper one. They became temperamental and the torch would turn off under recoil. Probably done 50 nights roo shooting in the year since I got it.
    Gadgetman sent me some but they were too small.

PM gadgetman and send torch up to him - no probs.

Hey Mike,
    I'm after an Archer, some scope mounts and a LR headlamp to set myself up for night time possum operations. Please PM me a price and payment details.

Thanks in advance
    Pengy likes this.

Well ...I used the Archer tonight. Started of using the spottie until it ran out of light. Used the Archer after that. Did the same job though was using the Archer on medium mostly. The max light was noticeably brighter than my spotlight the few times I tried it. Certainly easier to use the Archer when shooting (as didn’t have scope mount for it) cos it’s just handier than the spotlight.

The Archer certainly complements my system. Not sure if it would be any advantage having the bigger Maxtochs.

Tntegral - PM sent

Tiroa - yep the little Archer great for possums - even on low beam. Interesting it is 'noticeably brighter' than your big spotlight. Part of the reason for developing the Maxtochs was to get away from the big 17 - 21- 24cm spotties with cable attachments and big batts. Wanted to move away from that to small, lightweight torches, as good on rifle as in hand. Archer is 2020 tech - tiny with huge output.

I'll have some mounts here later this week - two piece quick release setup for max stability, and a single piece mount. Either would suit your rifle. Quick on and off..