Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

Like Tree431Likes

Thread: All things Maxtoch..

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Tntegral - PM sent

Tiroa - yep the little Archer great for possums - even on low beam. Interesting it is 'noticeably brighter' than your big spotlight. Part of the reason for developing the Maxtochs was to get away from the big 17 - 21- 24cm spotties with cable attachments and big batts. Wanted to move away from that to small, lightweight torches, as good on rifle as in hand. Archer is 2020 tech - tiny with huge output.

I'll have some mounts here later this week - two piece quick release setup for max stability, and a single piece mount. Either would suit your rifle. Quick on and off..
    Put my name on a mount please MG
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Yep done Tim.. will be in touch
    Pengy likes this.

Gave the Archer and XPro a good workout last night with the kids. No cables is hugely convenient when kids are jumping over your lap to shoot from. The XPro was better than the HID spotlight and at 300m the archer was as good as any of them.
    We saw a few deer and the eyes really light up. Shot a deer, pig and plenty of hares and rabbits all on a single charge. I’m sure we used the XPro for over 2hrs runtime.
    I will never buy another 12v big hand held spottie again.
    7mmsaum, mudgripz, Pengy and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stag View Post
    I will never buy another 12v big hand held spottie again.
    Haha.....Ain't that the truth !!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Exactly. A bit of my stuff has disappeared out of home with my sons that I wouldn't mind back, but I'm not worried about my old spot light. They can keep that.
    Beaker and kukuwai like this.

Glad the lights are doing well for you Stag. Its a case of 12v spotties meeting 2020 tech - where a handheld like the XPro beats a big HID spottie, and a wee 5" long Archer on high cleans out big halogen spotties.

Runtime on a set of 21700s for the XPro is just under 2 hours continuous - or 2.5 if on 'medium' which also has like 1150 max range (ANSI). But .... we never shoot continuously! We're always stopping to play around with gear, reload, brag, fiddle with gates, eat something, have a yarn etc. So in practice you get alot longer than 2 hours.

Bit jealous actually .... hope the hills dry out enough to get out soon .......
    kukuwai and dannyb like this.

Just a small word of caution for Archer buyers. Yes its an amazing wee light - absolute over-achiever - but as you use it and compare it with a 2X or XPro you will notice they have much greater light on target at range. You might pick up big animals at 300 with an Archer on high, but its not really a substitute for the bigger Maxtochs. They have much more power for longer range spotlighting. Archer measures around 150,000k lux (hotspot intensity for beam distance), 2X is 365,000 lux, XPro is 465 to 490,000 lux.

Archer will surprise anybody - a wee ripper - perfect for the scope and medium range. But don't want anyone thinking its the long range equal for its big brothers as a spotlight! They're something else again!!
    7mmsaum, Tahr, Pengy and 2 others like this.

R93
    Just finished mucking around with my M1 now.

Impressive. It will do nicely.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Used the Archer again on Friday night.... it’s better than my 3500 lumen spotlight...Suffice to say its a bit of alright...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    rugerman and Micky Duck like this.

Used the Archer again on Friday night.... it’s better than my 3500 lumen spotlight...Suffice to say its a bit of alright...
    WOW!! M1's a bit of a game changer really - extreme performance from a tiny light that retires heaps of our big spotties!!

It's a jump in technology... Costs bugger all too!

Any sign of those scope mounts yet MG?
    The possums are getting restless
    dannyb likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Every consignment coming out of China via HongKong has been stopped.

My last shipment due here 1-2 weeks ago has been returned to China twice. HK airport services shut down while the protests continue... Here's hoping! Lucky possum..

As soon as those kick arse head torches arrive, just send me one.
    Cheers
    dannyb likes this.

Update: all airfreight shipments through HongKong still cancelled. This includes some mount sets which otherwise would have been delivered a week ago. Just have to hope things settle there promptly...

Mike
    McNotty and Stag like this.

Cheers for the update Mike. Have you got any torch mounts at all left?

Scott