Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: All things Maxtoch..

Seriously looking forward to getting out again once the farms dry out down here. We all have 2Xs and M24s etc, but we're gonna do a little M1 Archer shoot. See how they get on. Should do very well because they actually have more power than our big halogen spotties of just a few years ago.

Anyone done much shooting with wee Archers yet?
    dannyb likes this.

Be good to hear some stories with the lights ... and see some photos too if you have them..

Andrew (7mmsaum) has taken some photos of XPro lighting up buildings at 600-800m with ease, and will take some 1000m shots.

If you get any pics - post em!
    dannyb likes this.

Mmmm... just thinking - I won't sell Maxtoch through this thread now but let's change thread character a bit and make it about using Maxtochs and other gear - few stories and pics for the lights and other good stuff.

Here's a tale - mate and I walking an area at night with the 22s and some pre-Maxtoch lights. Both picked up a bunny in the lights at about 60 meters - put two lights on him. Next thing he starts running straight towards us - as they often do. Mate - who's usually very good - takes a shot and misses. Bunny keeps running up to us. Next thing he's like 10 meters away - completely bamboozled by the lights - and mate's trying to shoot him one handed - rifle in one hand torch in the other because he can't see anything thru scope - its too close. He misses. Rabbit keeps coming. Mate takes final shot at about 2m trying to point rifle down at bunny, but he keeps coming. Then bunny stops at mate's feet and sits there! Mate reaches down and just picks him up!! So we have a talk with him - tell him he's the luckiest bunny on the planet, wish him well, ask him to bring his relatives next time, and with much laughter let him go. He trots off! Only catch and release we ever did!
    madjon_, GWH, Matt2308 and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Seriously looking forward to getting out again once the farms dry out down here. We all have 2Xs and M24s etc, but we're gonna do a little M1 Archer shoot. See how they get on. Should do very well because they actually have more power than our big halogen spotties of just a few years ago.

Anyone done much shooting with wee Archers yet?
    Ive seen a heap off deer in the Archer while walking out at night. I guess out to 250 yards and they looked very shootable.
    Im thinking a good combination for solo "meat collection" would be the big torch hand held for spotting and the little Archer mounted on the rifler for shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Ive seen a heap off deer in the Archer while walking out at night. I guess out to 250 yards and they looked very shootable.
    Im thinking a good combination for solo "meat collection" would be the big torch hand held for spotting and the little Archer mounted on the rifler for shooting.
    That’s basically what I’m doing with my set up. Just not using Maxtoch for spotting. Using Nightsabre 3500 lumens halo and led ones. Archer is just as good....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kukuwai likes this.

Finally got the M1 Archer out last night bunny shooting where I started off just after 9:30 pm where the battery for the Archer wasn't 100% full.

I used it scan an area and once bunnies were sighted it was turned on and depending on range depended on how bright I needed it, bunnies lined up and then shot and then moved repeating as a went. The battery lasted me until just after midnight where I had a spare battery and kept going.

The combination of the Archer on the .17 HMR was just lethal and gave me more than enough light and didn't even make the rifle feel heavy or cumbersome.

The H01R headlight was awesome and it never went flat for the whole night and I know that battery wasn't fully charged either but put out a tonne of light to spot bunnies out in the paddock and is my new favorite headlight.

Looking forward to shooting more bunnies again with this awesome wee combination of Maxtoch lights.

Just some of the haul of 60+ bunnies, 1 hare, 6 possums.

rugerman, GWH and 10-Ring like this.

I brought the M1 Archer and was a little disappointed. Not that it's not good, it's just that some time ago Gadgetman replaced the LED on my Convoy C8 which means it as bright as the M1 I just brought. If anyone is looking for a decent single cell torch I would be happy to let the C8 go for half what the M1 just cost me from Ali Express. If someone has a burning desire for a M1 I could let that go for cost. Will throw in a single cell maxtoch charger. PM me if interested and I can either demo them to you (I am in Christchurch) or send you beamshots.

Good to see the gear working well 7/10ths.

A quick comment - Brian and I into planning of new generation lights. These will not be under Maxtoch name or anything to do with them. Looking into NZ CNC machining versus overseas work etc.

Will be months yet, and new designs will be big step up from the recent Maxtochs we've developed.

They are coming...

Cheers Mike

Quote Originally Posted by noboots View Post
    I brought the M1 Archer and was a little disappointed. Not that it's not good, it's just that some time ago Gadgetman replaced the LED on my Convoy C8 which means it as bright as the M1 I just brought. If anyone is looking for a decent single cell torch I would be happy to let the C8 go for half what the M1 just cost me from Ali Express. If someone has a burning desire for a M1 I could let that go for cost. Will throw in a single cell maxtoch charger. PM me if interested and I can either demo them to you (I am in Christchurch) or send you beamshots.
    Is the C8 a single mode?

A quick comment - Brian and I into planning of new generation lights. These will not be under Maxtoch name or anything to do with them. Looking into NZ CNC machining versus overseas work etc.

Will be months yet, and new designs will be big step up from the recent Maxtochs we've developed.

They are coming...

Cheers Mike
    Kiwi ingenuity at its finest. Backing you fellas with our wallets. Best.
    199p likes this.

They are coming...

Cheers Mike
    Keen

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    dannyb likes this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

nck
    Is aliexpress the best place to buy the M1 Archer at the moment? $179 is the cheapest I've found locally.

They are coming...

Cheers Mike
    Evening,
    Just used my old Maxtoch for some spotlighting and the guy i was with was impressed by it. Did you bring out your own model or is the Maxtoch 2x? the go to model for spot lighting deer? If so who knows where is the best place to get one these days?

Cheers

Just been reading through this thread. I am in the market for a light and think the X2 sounds like the one i’ll kick it off with. Where is the best place to purchase one of these now with a spare battery and charger price wise etc?

Quite keen on the ability to scope mount it too but maybe i’ll get a second light at some stage which will do that while the x2 stays in the hand. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by stagstalker View Post
    Just been reading through this thread. I am in the market for a light and think the X2 sounds like the one i’ll kick it off with. Where is the best place to purchase one of these now with a spare battery and charger price wise etc?

Quite keen on the ability to scope mount it too but maybe i’ll get a second light at some stage which will do that while the x2 stays in the hand. Thoughts?
    stagstalker... i got mine all through Mudgripz so look no further and get in contact with him as he's great to deal with... look at his headlamps aswell as i bought one and it's now my go to headtorch better than my led lenser i always use
    stagstalker likes this.