Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: All things Maxtoch..

saw one of the BIG police led lensers in action the other night....these puppies are bigger/heavier/longer than the old 6 x D size maglights with flared end the size of my tea mug (750mls I like me tea) yes they lit up hill side BUT that heavy they come with a shoulder strap and they tell me they really suck the juice and dont last long at all. my little led lenser was maybe 20% as good. I reckon it was on par with a good plug in spotlight of the 90s but whiter rather than yellow light.
    cant wait to get a hold of an ARCHER to try out..........

Led lenser very very very old tech.

Their top of the line X21.2R has 7 little leds to project its 3200 lumens, whereas every update light manufacturer may use just one. X21.2R is a monsta at 407mm long, 1.418 kilos in weight, and needs a shoulder sling!! It has max range of 700 meters..

By comparison the baby Maxtoch M1 Archer is just 145mm long, weighs 185gms with batt, and has max range of 800 meters. And because it uses ultra modern LED it does not need zoomie operation - has more hotspot focus than the huge LL, and good spill with it. Oh... and the little Archer costs about $105 delivered (with holster), while big LL costs between $750 and 990 in NZ...

Go figure!!
    sneeze, rugerman, GWH and 6 others like this.

I spoke to a guy in the Hunting and Chinese polar fleece store a while back, and he reckoned cops were buying it since it was so heavy to give the bash with. That is about all those led lensers are good for

Be keen for an M1 Archer to fuel my Led addiction...

Getting real sick of the shit battery life on my led lenser head torch it eats 4 aaa battries in less than than 30 minutes on high, seriously its likely to be more like 15 minutes before it starts flashing, how far off are the new long beam head torches

I look forward to getting an archer so I can put it up against the big "copper whopper" and really see it for myself....

Can't tell you when new LR headlamp will be ready - tested, approved by us, awaiting production - will keep on it Dan. Which LL headlamp do you have that chomps batts so bad? The new Maxtoch LR headlamp will have minimum 2 hours on high with its 2 x 18650 batts - vastly superior power unit to the LL's old 4 x AAAS.

M1 Archer is very little at 145mm or 5 1/2", but it pumps out 1650 lumens with its 800m max range. Ideal for a copper. Maxtoch also do a flood beam variant of our hunter 2X. This has a single 3800 lumen XHP70.2 LED with range of over 650m = 20% more lumens with similar range to whopper LL X21.2R with its seven leds!! But this flood beam variant of our 2X weighs only 400gms or so with batts, and costs a quarter as much as that huge led lenser. That's modern tech... Flood 2X not really a hunter light like the 2X Shooter, M24, XPro etc. Nor is that bloody big Led lenser.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...79415d74DcZ3gh
    Micky Duck likes this.

Rugerman could be closer to the truth than you think. I worked with an ex copper many years ago when they had the big mag lights. He and his mates loved them in the force. To produce their battens and use them involved one hell of a lot of paper work afterwards he said. The mag light was just as effective and virtually no paper work he reckoned. I'm all for less paper work as well
    mudgripz likes this.

Another 5 possums shot using the maxtoch last night.
    @mudgripz my mates CZ 452 looked pretty slick with the 2X scope mounted on it. He is really happy with it. Cheers
    @gadgetman can i please send this one to you for de-domming. Let me know if you can do it and ill get it down to you. (or would i be better off to replace the board?)

If you can there is no hurry as i still have the M24 to use

Thanks fellas.
    Great work

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kukuwai; 16-06-2019 at 01:09 PM.
    mudgripz likes this.
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    https://youtu.be/8_T-YIvWNmQ
    You should hire this guy @mudgripz.

He is a nerd herd commander but seems to be having a good time

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Christ - you could mount that on your skid :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Can't tell you when new LR headlamp will be ready - tested, approved by us, awaiting production - will keep on it Dan. Which LL headlamp do you have that chomps batts so bad?
    This heap of shit
    Name:  IMG_20190616_145626.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  1.76 MB

Woooo!! ... just had another contact too with comments 2 out of 3 of his Seo7r LL headlamps died this weekend. That's not good for $159 apiece. Little Maxtoch HO1Rs half the price and seem to be sturdy wee units.

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Woooo!! ... just had another contact too with comments 2 out of 3 of his Seo7r LL headlamps died this weekend. That's not good for $159 apiece. Little Maxtoch HO1Rs half the price and seem to be sturdy wee units.
    Remind me about the runtime on the HO1Rs and the M1 Archer.

HO1R headlamp has a 1000 lumen XML2 LED - pretty bright one - so runtime with two batts about 2 hours on its turbo mode. But ... if walking/camping etc you'd be operating down on high or medium = 4-10 hours? Heaps. M1 Archer has only single cell to run its Luminus SST-40 high output 1650 lumen LED. Runs at max 800m for 3 minutes before stepping down to medium which is 575 meters. Didn't notice alot of difference between high and med out shooting recently. Runtime on one batt about 50mins?

GWH
    Im keen on an Archer M1 please when you have stock, thanks
    Wirehunt likes this.