Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By m101a1

Thread: Anyone used a Hi Vis Pioneer jacket (Stoney Creek)

Anyone used a Hi Vis Pioneer jacket (Stoney Creek)

Pushbiking to work in shorts and singlet is wearing a bit thin some mornings lately, so I am looking at buying a good raincoat.

I borrowed a Stoney Creek Ultralight last week and wore it in the heavy wind and rain for a few hours at work and found it really good. I am also looking at the Pioneer Jacket but I can't find one in the shops.
    https://www.stoneycreek.co.nz/shop/c...=87&product=11

I want to get something Hi Vis, preferably orange Hi Vis, hence looking toward the Pioneer jacket. Can anyone comment on these?, I would prefer a jacket that is reasonably light and breathable, I am sure the Pioneer will keep the rain out as well as the Ultralight, I just prefer jackets that aren't bordering on being a straightjacket.
    Last edited by longshot; 02-08-2023 at 10:05 PM.

Had one at work a piece of shit
    Wetted out was cold and bloody heavy

Quote Originally Posted by ariki View Post
    Had one at work a piece of shit
    Wetted out was cold and bloody heavy
    Looks like its the Ultralight then, thanks for your input.

the stuff at the warehouse isnt half bad for what your asking...and why sold on orange??? most is the yellow/green as it stands out better to some folks.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Got given a orange bisley coat a few years ago new in wrapper stockton mine issue , its pretty good and would have to be if you have ever been up to the open cast mine . I think warehouse sells bisley
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    the stuff at the warehouse isnt half bad for what your asking...and why sold on orange??? most is the yellow/green as it stands out better to some folks.
    I wouldn't go for orange as my first choice to be seen in the bush, but this is for riding bike on the road, the preference for orange because it stands out better against the mix of green and dry grass we get up this way (except lately there isn't much dry grass). I went for the ultralight in the end, it only comes in yellow high vis, but the color isn't the be all and end all.

I wouldn't go for orange on the road.
    It amuses me when driving through road works and heaps of cones, and the workers are all dressed up to look like a road cone.
    I would have thought the health and saftey muppets would dress the workers to stand out.
    Overkill is still dead.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    I wouldn't go for orange on the road.
    It amuses me when driving through road works and heaps of cones, and the workers are all dressed up to look like a road cone.
    I would have thought the health and saftey muppets would dress the workers to stand out.
    The Health & Safety muppets in parts of Aussie do - but not here!

I run a Stoney Creek Ultralight has my wet weather layer over top of overalls at work (Field mechanic). Sounds like it will serve its purpose for your situation, My only complaint is being quite thin they are prone to having holes punches through them quite easily

Try pro viz website mate

MSL
    If I was cycling on the road to work, I’d be going to a cycle shop to buy one of those jackets made entirely out of reflective material, I have no idea what colour they are in daylight, but stand out like dogs ball in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk