Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By XR500
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By Dan88
  • 2 Post By Jhon
  • 1 Post By TeRei
  • 1 Post By Jhon

Thread: Ashley Rubber Boot Size - info please

Ashley Rubber Boot Size - info please

Ok so Im keen on trying these, have read the threads on here and talked to Farmsource in Albany who tried to be helpful but didn't know much.

I am a UK size 10 which is the sizing NZ uses. The Ashley is not stocked but brought in to order. So, even if it was not lockdown, I couldn't actually go try some on.

Question for those wearing them - do you go say a half or full size bigger than your shoe size to allow for thick socks? Or does your normal shoe size provide a good fit?

Secondly, like a lot of Kiwis who grew up barefoot in a cowshed, I have wide feet, Triple E in fact. Do the Ashleys tend to be wide or narrow?

Any advice, experience re sizing is welcome. At $150 plus picking them up they are not super expensive but not trivial either. Be helpful not having to get rid of them on here cause they didnt fit lol
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

I have wide feet. I am UK10 -10.5 ? EU 45cm.

I buy a pair of Ashleys once a year. I have gone up from NZ s10 to 11, so I can wear one pair of really thin socks (dress socks) and one pair of thick gumboot socks. That way me feet stay comfortable all day, and if I go hunting, are reasonably warm when up in the snow during winter.
    Jhon likes this.

Im size 10 in everything...can wear size 9 or 10 ashleys...the 9s I wear thinner socks,the 10s better fit and if you have pair of John Bull work boots with the comfortabull innersoles...rob them and put in the ashleys.....I did so last week for my work pair and its rather nice......yes I wear the steelcap version all day everyday of the working week...they dont rot with fertilizer and cow poo. yes wide foot fitting.
    Jhon likes this.

I have just gone down this road myself. I tried on redbands and once I found a size that fit well I ordered those in Ashley's, exactly the same sizing
    Jhon likes this.

ok exactly what I needed thank gentlemen. I'll go with the 10s and adjust the fit with socks one way or the other. And putting some cushion insoles in is definitely desirable for me. cheers everyone
    Micky Duck and Borris like this.

I am size 10nz with 4E width.[ I get UK 10.5/4E for formal day shoes]. I normally use Bullers but am finding my feet dont hurt so much after a huge river walk in Ashleys although I have cut them down. I cut off the arms/legs off wets suits and put them over my sox so they are inside the boot to counter any rubbing and make a more snug fit. The Ashleys are a wider fit.I wear the Norsewear Ranger sox with them rather than the Milford which I wear using the Bullers. If using Bullers get the studs off TM . They are briliant and extend the life of the soles of old Bullers and provide great traction river walking. Yet to put them on the Ashleys.
    Jhon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TeRei View Post
    I am size 10nz with 4E width.[ I get UK 10.5/4E for formal day shoes]. I normally use Bullers but am finding my feet dont hurt so much after a huge river walk in Ashleys although I have cut them down. I cut off the arms/legs off wets suits and put them over my sox so they are inside the boot to counter any rubbing and make a more snug fit. The Ashleys are a wider fit.I wear the Norsewear Ranger sox with them rather than the Milford which I wear using the Bullers. If using Bullers get the studs off TM . They are briliant and extend the life of the soles of old Bullers and provide great traction river walking. Yet to put them on the Ashleys.
    Thks for that, good info. What are the studs exactly? Got a TM link?

Woohoo, on the doorstep this morning. Now to try them on...

Also have some screw in wading boot studs coming, good tip thks @TeRei

Name:  20210910_082321.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  3.74 MB
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhon View Post
    Woohoo, on the doorstep this morning. Now to try them on...

Also have some screw in wading boot studs coming, good tip thks @TeRei
    So a few hours later, after the chores, I've laced em up, dug out my best hunting socks and whaddya know ? A very good fit. Firm around the ankle and heel and across the instep, plenty of room in front of the toes. Not sure I'll cut them down any but do plan to put the drain holes in. Summer time I imagine they will get pretty hot. Drain holes will.also let them breathe a little I hope I'll take them for a walk in the park next few days, start wearing them in a bit.

Thks again for all the inputs. J.