Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By No.3
  • 3 Post By JoshC

Thread: Best voicemail on cellphone.

Best voicemail on cellphone.

Hi everyone, I am having real trouble with 2 degrees not notifying me that I have a voicemail after I have been out of coverage. It has caused several embarrassing incidents with stock trucks and missed opportunities with contractors. I initially went with 2 degrees as they were the only company allowing WIFI calling to be turned on allowing me to get texts and calls at my workshop yard, but I understand some other companies allow that now. Does anyone have a good suggestion for either a change of phone company with a better voicemail setup or maybe a third-party app?
    Cheers.

You can't just ring and check your voicemail when you pop back into future world? To be fair, I have Sparkless and Vodablown and both tend to let go on the voicemail notifications. Your other option is a voicemail message that tells people to text you and not leave a message due to being in the fringe world that the big telco's think doesn't exist...
    Moa Hunter and Kopua Cowboy like this.

I have 2 degrees for the same reason wifi calling. As soon as I get back into coverage either mobile or wifi I get a 202 text notifying me if a message if it's a text it pops straight up. It could be your message settings aren't right something like do not disturb may be on. I'm no techspert mind you

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    You can't just ring and check your voicemail when you pop back into future world? To be fair, I have Sparkless and Vodablown and both tend to let go on the voicemail notifications. Your other option is a voicemail message that tells people to text you and not leave a message due to being in the fringe world that the big telco's think doesn't exist...
    Yeah I could, But Im out of coverage most of every day. I tend to call it regularly if I'm expecting a call, but I forget a lot too... The text thing isn't a bad idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    I have 2 degrees for the same reason wifi calling. As soon as I get back into coverage either mobile or wifi I get a 202 text notifying me if a message if it's a text it pops straight up. It could be your message settings aren't right something like do not disturb may be on. I'm no techspert mind you
    I have checked out all my settings and I reckon I get a text maybe one out of four voicemails. It just doesn't seem to work consistently, if it works well for others I guess it could be worth calling 2 degrees for a chat.

Just change your voicemail message mate. Mine says I work out of service alot so don’t leave a message, send a text or email. If they leave a message I’ll probably ignore it, they didn’t listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    308, bigbear and Kopua Cowboy like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

I get my 2degrees notifications as soon as I get a signal, don't think I have never not and been with them for around 10 years

How worn out is your phone I'm the same as you with service & sometimes my phone takes a long time to get going when getting back in service as in it still thinks there no service & it take 15- 20 minutes to work out there service driving home other times it picks it up really quick. I'm on spark & they really got at texting to let me know if there a voicemail or any missed call but they piss my off as they just show a nb not the name off the Miss call / voicemail

Two phones on Vodafone with no issues. I live out of coverage. Personal phone has wifi calling havnt told work I can do that but drive a few k down the road and work phone lights up with missed call texts.