Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Burris optics

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    The NZ agents, Berreta, have told me that I need to return the scope to retailer for forwarding to them, who will then ship to usa for an inspection by Burris, before advising if it can be fixed under the terms of warranty.

Do I risk sending it and then getting into a shit fight to get it back, or do I insist that as both agent and retailer advertise them as covered by warranty, I want a replacement or refund. Scope was purchased less than two years ago, which is the standard nz warranty period apparently.

I am guessing I need to give them the chance to fix it ???
    I sent a Burris Fast Fire 3 that I imported from USA back via Berreta and I got a new sight back so it should work ok.
    It did take about 3 months though.

M..
    My Burris was playing up so I dropped it off to be looked at. Th at was November.. apparently Beretta nz wait for a box to fill up before sending it to the states..
    I should follow that up

Sent from my SM-J500Y using Tapatalk

I've sent 2 fullerfields back too Burris.Both times I was told they were stuffed but I could have a new signature series for $us 70.

M..
    12 scopes sent in December. Half fixed so hopefully mine back at the end of Feb
    That should give u some idea of timeline

Sent from my SM-J500Y using Tapatalk

There process is to return to retailer who will forward to them, if you don't follow it then no point going to small claims as they will just say well you didn't follow there process and they havnt had a chance to do anything yet,

Send it back and see what they say about all you can do, sicks about the downtime tho

Im quite sure they fix it without a problem. The warranty is pretty clear to me and if its faulty or been damaged they fix or replace it . The local BIG ChAIN STORE clearly has given bad advice and dont know their products very well at all! They advertised the scope , BACKED by the Forever Warranty as part of their sales pitch and the Forever warranty is pretty clear . That BIG Chain Store that said its not covered have it very wrong! Send it back to them, they forward it off to the agent, they send it to the USA and in 2-3 months you get it back like new.....if not watch some fireworks

Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    Im quite sure they fix it without a problem. The warranty is pretty clear to me and if its faulty or been damaged they fix or replace it . The local BIG ChAIN STORE clearly has given bad advice and dont know their products very well at all! They advertised the scope , BACKED by the Forever Warranty as part of their sales pitch and the Forever warranty is pretty clear . That BIG Chain Store that said its not covered have it very wrong! Send it back to them, they forward it off to the agent, they send it to the USA and in 2-3 months you get it back like new.....if not watch some fireworks
    And when you get it back you can sell it on trade me and buy a Leupold
    Kiwi Greg, stingray, mikee and 4 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I have a cheap 3-9 x 40 Bushnell Banner in the drawer you can borrow in the meantime if you like. If you can lower yourself that far... :-)
    7mmsaum, tetawa, stingray and 2 others like this.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    The NZ agents, Berreta, have told me that I need to return the scope to retailer for forwarding to them, who will then ship to usa for an inspection by Burris, before advising if it can be fixed under the terms of warranty.

Do I risk sending it and then getting into a shit fight to get it back, or do I insist that as both agent and retailer advertise them as covered by warranty, I want a replacement or refund. Scope was purchased less than two years ago, which is the standard nz warranty period apparently.

I am guessing I need to give them the chance to fix it ???
    Beretta NZ are a pack of useless rip off bastards who don't stand behind their products. I think you have two options. Send it back to the retailer as they say and then complain if you are not happy with the result. It will take ages though.

Second option is to just send it direct back to Beretta in the states. This is probably the simpler and faster option.

Interesting I have had the same thing with two leupolds (one fell off the bench, one broke when the sling screw pulled out of the stock and it fell on a rock). In both cases they charged me for the repair then send back brand new latest model scopes instead of repaired ones so I was a happy camper. The Leupold warranty doesn't cover accidental damage although the Burris one does. One of the scopes was 40 years old. This was sending them back direct to the states. You pay shipping to them. They pay return shipping.

Recently I sent two defective (not dropped) leupolds back though NZ Asia via the large chain store with the fancy catalog. It took ages (6 months) then they tried to charge me $55 per scope ($110) for what they described as shipping, then a service charge. After some complaining they dropped the charge.

Insured shipping to the states for two scopes is $20NZD. Lesson learnt, I will always send them back direct to the USA now.
    Last edited by MassiveAttack; 01-02-2017 at 08:54 PM.
    gadgetman, Pengy and deer243 like this.

I would be emailing Burris directly and putting the case to them and asking them how to proceed for repairs/replacement.
    mikee likes this.

MSL
    Who did you ship through for $20nzd? Sounds crazy cheap

Ejected
    I went on the nz post site and entered the dimensions of the box. Insurance up to 2k of value.

[QUOTE=ROKTOY;560643]I have a cheap 3

Thanks for the offer Roktoy, and others that have been in touch. I am sorted for a scope for now, thanks to yet another good bugger on here.
    I have e-mailed Burris direct, but await the reply
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

[QUOTE=Pengy;560730]
    Quote Originally Posted by ROKTOY View Post
    I have a cheap 3

Thanks for the offer Roktoy, and others that have been in touch. I am sorted for a scope for now, thanks to yet another good bugger on here.
    I have e-mailed Burris direct, but await the reply
    Hope you have better success than me - I emailed them a couple of years ago wanting advise on a stiff side focus knob. I got one belated reply to which I asked a reasonable question and that was it, nix more.

Mate sent them a question just to test the situation and got no reply.

They may have changed nowadays.
    Usually get overnight responses from most Yankee companies.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    I can't help wonder how much damage would have occurred if someone tall dropped it.
    Well I could pop over to Pengys and give it a bit of a try??
    veitnamcam, stingray and Pengy like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.