Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: A bushbuck review...

A bushbuck review...

Stumbled across this. Not my review but hopefully sheds some light... spend your $$ else where

https://youtu.be/E-dI8tOW2Y0
    Matt2308, 308, Sika stag and 8 others like this.

Awesome review!

iSi
    Good to see reviews like this and would be great to see more as shitty gear seems to be a bit of a problem across heaps of brands - cheap Chinese shit painted camo and being sold for big bucks (for us commoners anyway).

Its tough for the average bloke parting with his hard-earned cash on a quick tire-kick at Hunting and Fishing, wondering if that $500 jacket is a decent product, the $600 one is what he should be getting, or the $400 one is better than both of the others.
    hotsoup, jpurdon and Eat Meater like this.

Great watch
    hotsoup likes this.

ive watched that several times now, interesting comparing it to some others on YT by guys who have been given the gear
    Carbine, Micky Duck and hotsoup like this.

It’s a challenge… @hotsoup

Given bushbuck, firstlite, stoney creek, huntech, ridgeline, torpedo7 all get there gear made in the same places, all easily found off alibaba. It makes it hard to decide what’s worth paying for.
    It seems to come down to quality control and a good returns warranty.
    JoshC, rugerman and hotsoup like this.

There's a saying that only a rich man can afford a cheap riflescope. When gear fails at the worst possible moment, the price can be extreme - in some cases it can even cost you your life.

Based on a review like this, would you buy a budget PLB from them, if they sold one?

@Freezer - I have heard of goods being ordered from far Eastern countries, where the trial batch met or exceeded expectations. Thereafter, once orders had been received, and money exchanged, the quality took a nosedive and the company supplying the goods made it as difficult as possible to return or exchange. The retailer is left with a consignment of dud goods, and the only realistic option left to recoup some if their costs is to sell the dodgy goods on clearance. The supplierbthen finds another mug to fleece.

That's all well and good when it's a dinner plate and failure in the dishwasher just means you turf it out in the morning, but if your camp stove hose bursts and sets fire to your tent in the middle of a blizzard, customer satisfaction takes on a whole new meaning!

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    @Freezer - I have heard of goods being ordered from far Eastern countries, where the trial batch met or exceeded expectations. Thereafter, once orders had been received, and money exchanged, the quality took a nosedive and the company supplying the goods made it as difficult as possible to return or exchange. The retailer is left with a consignment of dud goods, and the only realistic option left to recoup some if their costs is to sell the dodgy goods on clearance. The supplierbthen finds another mug to fleece.

That's all well and good when it's a dinner plate and failure in the dishwasher just means you turf it out in the morning, but if your camp stove hose bursts and sets fire to your tent in the middle of a blizzard, customer satisfaction takes on a whole new meaning!
    Na,
    Chinese manufacturers will produce any quality goods you wish to pay for. Pay a decent amount and get good quality, pay a shitty amount and they’ll still produce it for you but will cut corners.

The major brands have QC at the factory for the production runs. The small brands don’t.
    Macpac years ago would send QC to China for their sleeping bag run. A years worth of bags would be completed in 2-3 days.

The trap I believe for bushbuck is trying to hit their price point. They went at it from the get go to be cheap.

I've seen more MSR's bend, break, collapse, rip etc than everything else put together. End of the day it's ALL made in china just varying levels of QC, if the materials etc are the same you're only relying on QC to maybe get a better run out of something. Even the "high end" (ie: it costs so much you baby it and get a "good run out of it") stuff is all made there. Kuiu, Yeti etc are all brilliant examples of this, all their stuff is made in china, quite possibly in the same factories that stuff costing 1/4 the price is made, they spend big time on marketing so everytime you open Instagram you feel inadequate as a hunter without kuiu gears and a yeti cooler on your truck, they then spend a little extra to have another labourer on 70 cents an hour to stand at the end of the line and have a look at the stitching as it goes past and boom "high end"
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    I've seen more MSR's bend, break, collapse, rip etc than everything else put together. End of the day it's ALL made in china just varying levels of QC, if the materials etc are the same you're only relying on QC to maybe get a better run out of something. Even the "high end" (ie: it costs so much you baby it and get a "good run out of it") stuff is all made there. Kuiu, Yeti etc are all brilliant examples of this, all their stuff is made in china, quite possibly in the same factories that stuff costing 1/4 the price is made, they spend big time on marketing so everytime you open Instagram you feel inadequate as a hunter without kuiu gears and a yeti cooler on your truck, they then spend a little extra to have another labourer on 70 cents an hour to stand at the end of the line and have a look at the stitching as it goes past and boom "high end"
    Have you read the tags on the kuiu items? I have alot of kuiu, very few are actually made in china.

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    There's a saying that only a rich man can afford a cheap riflescope. When gear fails at the worst possible moment, the price can be extreme - in some cases it can even cost you your life.

Based on a review like this, would you buy a budget PLB from them, if they sold one?
    Great points!

Quote Originally Posted by hotsoup View Post
    Have you read the tags on the kuiu items? I have alot of kuiu, very few are actually made in china.
    Yes. There was a time when I was sucked in by opening Instagram and believing I had to have the flashest camo patterns etc also. Vietnam/phillipines/china. It's all the same. I'm not saying that you are getting better/worse value for money with different brands but there is a hell of a lot of people out there that think that just because they paid more for something or because it was deemed as popular or all their favourite social media stars use it then it must be the best product which is really far from reality.
    Micky Duck, superdiver and RV1 like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

The thing that irks me with bushbuck is when they have these 'HUGE SAVING SALES!!' 40% off our down jacket, $799 down to $299! Grab a deal!
    Utter BS. You're paying their full RRP for rubbish

I'm constantly targeted by their advertising on YouTube and wherever else, I can't seem to avoid it
    stuart and RV1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Yes. There was a time when I was sucked in by opening Instagram and believing I had to have the flashest camo patterns etc also. Vietnam/phillipines/china. It's all the same. I'm not saying that you are getting better/worse value for money with different brands but there is a hell of a lot of people out there that think that just because they paid more for something or because it was deemed as popular or all their favourite social media stars use it then it must be the best product which is really far from reality.
    Yeah I agree with that. If you're half savvy you can work out the shit over marketed brands to the ones that are quality

I'm a fruit salad when it comes to clothing. All sort of different brands, my favourits tend to be the NZ made ones like WOE and earth sea sky, they haven't worn out or failed me yet.

Items I'm using from kuiu are pants and a fleece & shell which take a while to wear out
    Micky Duck and RV1 like this.