Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Cactus Huntaway

I also went from a miklat and have found them to me very comfortable with a load on.
    Name:  IMG_1167.JPG
Views: 504
Size:  276.4 KB
    7mmsaum and Mathias like this.
    "O what a day, what a lovely day"

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    @7mmsaum sorry to go off topic but whats with the sika sneakers Don't you wear boots when hunting?
    The New Balance (model 809) off-road running shoe has really helped me in the steep shale/rock country. Better grip than any boot I have ever used and seriously comfortable, also sore or tired feet and legs are a thing of the past, and light as a feather. Short (protector safety- $9 ) oilskin puttees keep debris out of them. I think these shoes are 5-6 years old, perhaps more, I look after them with a selleys aerosol waterproofing product in the blue can, Bunnings sell it, great on jackets/packs as well.

I have just purchased the newer model of Trail running shoe from New Balance (MT 910BR3) to replace these when they wear out.

Trail/all terrain running shoes are not your normal sneakers, the grip and comfort off-road are quite something, as an example they do not slip on steep smooth wet clay pans.

These shoes have a strong following with off-road endurance racers/runners/walkers/trampers/backpackers

I'm not saying boots are no good, but for me these shoes completely eliminate tired or sore feet and legs, -now my lungs are the weak link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Petros_mk, BRADS and Mathias like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Should have been a leg model
    7mmsaum likes this.
    Went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    The New Balance (model 809) off-road running shoe has really helped me in the steep shale/rock country. Better grip than any boot I have ever used and seriously comfortable, also sore or tired feet and legs are a thing of the past, and light as a feather. Short (protector safety- $9 ) oilskin puttees keep debris out of them. I think these shoes are 5-6 years old, perhaps more, I look after them with a selleys aerosol waterproofing product in the blue can, Bunnings sell it, great on jackets/packs as well.

I have just purchased the newer model of Trail running shoe from New Balance (MT 910BR3) to replace these when they wear out.

Trail/all terrain running shoes are not your normal sneakers, the grip and comfort off-road are quite something, as an example they do not slip on steep smooth wet clay pans.

These shoes have a strong following with off-road endurance racers/runners/walkers/trampers/backpackers

I'm not saying boots are no good, but for me these shoes completely eliminate tired or sore feet and legs, -now my lungs are the weak link

Awesome report. They must have a reasonably firm sole then, esp if ok on rocks & shale.

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Awesome report. They must have a reasonably firm sole then, esp if ok on rocks & shale.
    They have a composite shank in the sole for rock bruise protection, it has a fancy name but I can't remember what it is.

Mathias likes this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

I haven't hardly hunted in boots in the NI for a couple of years. I wear Saloman XA Pro which are similar to 7mmsaum's. I concur with everything that 7mmsaum says. And I have found that my ankles have strengthened up a lot in the absence of my boot's ankle support.
    7mmsaum likes this.