Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Cell Phone

Cell Phone

Whats a good basic cell phone, don't have cell coverage at home so only use it when in signal. Will be used to take the odd photo, message,check weather and browse the net. Good battery life and easy to use.Somebody might
    Under $400 new.

Last time i lost i decided bugger it, $20 with a sim card. Not the easiest thin to operate but it works and can hotspot to laptop if needed.

If it falls out of pocket, gets wet, squashed..... well we all know the stories, im not going to cry if i have to buy 2 and keep a spare at home
    Cordite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Last time i lost i decided bugger it, $20 with a sim card. Not the easiest thin to operate but it works and can hotspot to laptop if needed.

If it falls out of pocket, gets wet, squashed..... well we all know the stories, im not going to cry if i have to buy 2 and keep a spare at home
    Can you get clamshell phones nowadays? I always liked how the screen was well protected, in the end I broke the charger not the phone!
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

I brought a push button phone to tie me over start of the year, didn't listen to the wife, never used a phone to look at the net and now i do the screen is so small can't even see what am looking at

bigbear likes this.

northdude
    im not a tech expert but me and mrs have samsung a10s i know fuk all about this computery shit but they are a pretty good price and the organisation she works for uses them as their work phones so thought cant be to bad and we are getting a good run out of them
    bigbear likes this.

No expert and dont use a phone much at all. If you take photos you need a decent camera or you will be dissapointed with some of your shots. A decent size screen then if you use it for a GPS type app you can. Samsung 7 (thats what I have, recent purchase) 8-9 onwards have very good cameras. The Samsung 7 is fairly old now and I am sure I paid about $400 of one day deals around xmas. The reason i purchased this was I went on a five day tramping trip took my SLR camera and it rained the whole time, never used the camera but took photos with my cheap phone. Was dissapointed with the results so bought a better phone camera, which I am pleased with the results.
    Cyclops and bigbear like this.

I have a good sx60 camera so only want this us a back up camera like @chindit and don't plain on using it for a gps but very good information thank you.

buy a cheap card on prepay.....Ive got a few now...the basic nokias of old that they have remade are great but no camera....or photo recieved. the more simple the phone...eg NOT SMARTPHONE...not internet capable the better for battery life and reliability....all my basic phones batteries will last 4 days minimum and the portable recharge pack will top that up twice....

Want to be able to use the internet, every now and then i have to go up the hill on the farm to get a net code from the bank to pay a bill. Good when on holiday looking up accommodation or finding a place.

This is the updated version of my phone. Opposite is huge in Asia and make great phones without the price tag of premium brands. Easy enough to use with Android operating system.
    https://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/p...rod186172.html
    timattalon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chindit View Post
    No expert and dont use a phone much at all. If you take photos you need a decent camera or you will be dissapointed with some of your shots. A decent size screen then if you use it for a GPS type app you can. Samsung 7 (thats what I have, recent purchase) 8-9 onwards have very good cameras. The Samsung 7 is fairly old now and I am sure I paid about $400 of one day deals around xmas. The reason i purchased this was I went on a five day tramping trip took my SLR camera and it rained the whole time, never used the camera but took photos with my cheap phone. Was dissapointed with the results so bought a better phone camera, which I am pleased with the results.
    I also had a Samsung s7 till recently, lasted me 3 years and last 9 months had a cracked back and front (got run over) but still worked fine, got a new s10 as I got sick of the cracks. Has a great camera on it and battery lasted for days if put on flight mode and just used for topo map, photos and strelock app etc. Also water proof which is very handy!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Ross Nolan likes this.

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/MPH...-Year-Warranty

Its Nokia, you either like them or you dont. (And it isnt Chinese owned).

Screen Size:5.5 inches
    Cellular Connectivity:4G (Single SIM)
    Supported Networks:Vodafone, 2degrees, Spark, Skinny
    Battery Capacity:2970mAh
    Rear Camera:16 Megapixels
    Front-Facing Camera:8 Megapixels
    Storage Size:16GB
    Colour:Black
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    This is the updated version of my phone. Opposite is huge in Asia and make great phones without the price tag of premium brands. Easy enough to use with Android operating system.
    https://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/p...rod186172.html
    I have an earlier model and it has lasted me well. It cost me $400 a couple years ago. When I got it , the specs were closer to phones twice the price and it still does more than I can. My wife wanted one and she is better with phones than I so I got the identical phone so that when something is not working I can get her to sort it out (usually) I think mine is the A73
    Bol Tackshin likes this.

Showed my wife couple these phones last night any one would think i was buying a new gun (little does she know) she reckons you don't need a phone that flash for what you need.
    No way you are spending 3-4 hundred on a phone to loose it or drop it so maybe @northdude samsung a10s might be my limit.