Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Chilly Bin Recommendations

MB
    Yes, longer and narrower good for fish, more square for other things.

I have some very large ice packs. Two fit perfectly on the base of my Icey-Tek. For camping, I put them above and below the ice/contents. For fishing, I'm happy enough in winter just using these with a little saltwater in the bin (no salt ice). It gets very cold.
    rugerman and viper like this.

Yeah I've got the 90L longbox with rope handles. I put 5 X 2 litre frozen bottles of water in the bottom and chuck in a bucket of seawater before I start fishing. Cheaper than salt ice and the water gets very cold ( hurt ya hand kind of cold when ya digging out the fish back at home).

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Yes, longer and narrower good for fish, more square for other things.

I have some very large ice packs. Two fit perfectly on the base of my Icey-Tek. For camping, I put them above and below the ice/contents. For fishing, I'm happy enough in winter just using these with a little saltwater in the bin (no salt ice). It gets very cold.
    viper and Moa Hunter like this.

I had a Iceytek 115 ltr and it was very good.
    The Techi ice look very well designed.

I own 3 icey teks , couple of 55L and a 90 and they are the business.

The trick is to make sure you bring down the temp in them before going away for a period of time , I always put frozen bottles of ice in them for a day before i leave and then put fresh ice in them as I leave
    Bay Tyres-Driving the best deal since ages ago

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    I've got a few Icey Teks, seem to accumulate them as giveaways when buying drench etc. They're pretty hard to beat. I've also got a bit cheaper "Dusc" brand one I picked up from Repco when we were on holiday at one stage and it's pretty good also, on par with the Icey Teks for ice keep it ng ability, I do think the handles on the sides will eventually fail though
    https://www.repco.co.nz/en/4x4-adven...8l/p/A6113589#
    I have one of the dusc's as well, I think the hinges will go before the handles. They certainly hold ice well though
    viper likes this.

Another icey tek vote!!
    viper likes this.

Icey tek all the way. I’ve put a rack in the bottom of mine, about 15-20mm off the bottom, if you’re using them for camping it’s great for keeping all your food out of the scummy ice water at the bottom. Make sure you keep the ice drained as well. Lose a little bit of space we don’t normally fill it up chocker.

The only thing I don’t like is the drain plug isn’t flush with bottom, it’s sits about 20-30mm above the floor so it won’t naturally flow out without putting it on an angle or tilting it up.
    viper likes this.

Icey Tek
    viper likes this.