Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: coleman fuel alternatives

Quote Originally Posted by blip View Post
    I was looking at getting an Svea stove. Why? I dont really know i just like cookers of all different types for some reason. Went to get one but came home with 2 new fishing reels and tackle
    Yes, those old Svea 123 are an iconic stove. I have always wanted one, but nowadays most of my hunting is evening/1 overnight stuff, and a thermos full of coffee is easier, faster and less messing around.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Nolan View Post
    Yes, those old Svea 123 are an iconic stove. I have always wanted one, but nowadays most of my hunting is evening/1 overnight stuff, and a thermos full of coffee is easier, faster and less messing around.
    @Ross Nolan Your making me nostalgic! I inherited my dad's old Svea 123 as a teenager, the stove must be at least 60yrs old, must dig it out and try firing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunty1 View Post
    @Ross Nolan Your making me nostalgic! I inherited my dad's old Svea 123 as a teenager, the stove must be at least 60yrs old, must dig it out and try firing it up.
    Or you could just scam a cup off some random guy you walk into on the tops - I hear that works too.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Nolan View Post
    Or you could just scam a cup off some random guy you walk into on the tops - I hear that works too.....
    Thats the gold standard! Especially when they use cream instead of milk... The roar of the mighty Svea123 would have been heard from 680m so the outcome of the evening may have been slightly different..
    Ross Nolan and Micky Duck like this.

Yeah what we get as white spirits nowadays smells completely different to what I remember as a kid. I grabbed my last bottle and was surprised to find it had completely evaporated in the sealed can. Bugger...

Couldn't actually get a 1L bottle at the time to replace it (Covid BS) and just made do with 91 for the short time I was playing with the lamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunty1 View Post
    Thats the gold standard! Especially when they use cream instead of milk... The roar of the mighty Svea123 would have been heard from 680m so the outcome of the evening may have been slightly different..
    Yeah. Careful with mentioning distances though, if I write the story of that I'm including a stealthy crawl forward to get into range..... don't want to upset the no long range brigade.
    Micky Duck and XR500 like this.

Have to be a bit careful when buying burner fuel these days because there is "White Spirits" and "Low Aromatic White Spirits (L.A.W.S.)". Its getting more common to see L.A.W.S. sold as White Spirits and only in the small print they mention that its the low-aromatic variety.

They may be interchangable as solvents and paint thinners but not necessarily for stoves