Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree26Likes
  • 23 Post By A-Bolt
  • 1 Post By blip
  • 1 Post By Dama dama
  • 1 Post By turtleSO

Thread: Credit where credit's due - Leupold and Hunting and Fishing

Credit where credit's due - Leupold and Hunting and Fishing

My Leupold 10x40 binos that I purchased from Cabelas in Wheeling West Virginia in 2008 had an eyepiece fall out and lost. I took them to Ballingers H&F to see how I might get a replacement eyepiece but they told me they'd send them away and Leupold would likely replace them.

Sure enough, within a week a new replacement pair turned up. Replacing 15 year old binos within a week for something that could likely be fixed is pretty good after sales service in my view. We are all (rightly) quick to identify poor products and service so I thought I'd put this one out there to balance things out.

Nice, well deserved

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

I had the same with a pair of stiener binoculars. H&f westgate sorted it and i got a new pair
    A-Bolt likes this.

Yup, I had a very good experience with Dunedin H&F (who to be fair are always great to deal with) and leupold. Took in a 15 year old binos and these got replaced by the latest (and much better) model.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    "The generalist hunter and angler is a well-fed mofo" - Steven Rinella

I've just had the same experience. Leupold BX3 Mojave 8x32, bought off trademe 10 years ago second hand absolutely awesome. Focus wheel rubber was slipping. Just had them replaced with BX4 8x32 hd no questions asked, just paid the courier fees $50 got $1400 bino's. Don't think I will look at any other brand now. Got VX5hd and also think it's awesome piece of kit
    Micky Duck likes this.

I had a different experience recently with a 40yr old Leupold 4 x scope . I used this scope for many years ,then gave it to my brother who also used it it for 20 odd years and more recently my Nephew had it on his rifle and it fogged up.
    Nephew being young and short of money like the rest of us these days couldn't afford even a new freedom 3x9 to replace it so i took it in to our local H@F , they said no problem we will send it off to be repaired.
    Several months later scope arrived back and it looked good till we went to site my nephews rifle in again with the repaired scope and discovered that they had replaced the adjustment turrets but had got them around the wrong way, like the elevation turret was on the side where the windage turret should be and vice versa.That had us scratching our heads till we worked it out. no problem we thought once its sited in wont need to change it again. Got the rifle sited in ok but the bloody thing fogged up again during my Nephews roar trip so was a bit disappointing.
    My Nephew has just bought himself a new freedom 3x9x40 so he is good to go again!!

Quote Originally Posted by 30late View Post
    I had a different experience recently with a 40yr old Leupold 4 x scope . I used this scope for many years ,then gave it to my brother who also used it it for 20 odd years and more recently my Nephew had it on his rifle and it fogged up.
    Nephew being young and short of money like the rest of us these days couldn't afford even a new freedom 3x9 to replace it so i took it in to our local H@F , they said no problem we will send it off to be repaired.
    Several months later scope arrived back and it looked good till we went to site my nephews rifle in again with the repaired scope and discovered that they had replaced the adjustment turrets but had got them around the wrong way, like the elevation turret was on the side where the windage turret should be and vice versa.That had us scratching our heads till we worked it out. no problem we thought once its sited in wont need to change it again. Got the rifle sited in ok but the bloody thing fogged up again during my Nephews roar trip so was a bit disappointing.
    My Nephew has just bought himself a new freedom 3x9x40 so he is good to go again!!
    send it back again.....mine is awesome bit of kit....
    also had old redfield with turrent as you describe BUT the scope was turned so stuck out left side not right...it was also a turd as was 1/2" not 1/4" and moved point of aim not impact....no worries if I remembered.
    75/15/10 black powder matters