Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Daypack

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    There you go. What a design. More uses than just a pack Maca. Twine can be used to build a shelter, three holes in sugar sack and you have another layer of clothing and the inner tube gets a fire going even when it is wet. You should fucking patent that idea mate.
    And if the deers ugly you can put the bag over its head!!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    My only experience of one of those contraptions was once and that was enough, Full of Tahr and I needed a pair of new shoulders and back as well.
    Harden up man!!!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I use a hunters elements elevation pack. Its ok, but wouldn't recommend or buy again. The internal frame reduces the ability to stuff the bag full. Also has a tear in the seem and it hasn't really had a hard life to be honest.
    My hunting buddy uses a badlands and he thinks its the business. I have carried it for him while he carried out a deer, and it was comfortable, easy to fill and hard wearing.
    think its this one :
    Badlands Hunting Gear | 2200 - Hunting Pack Buy Now!

Cactus if you want it to be bombproof, plus it's kiwi made so it has a feel good factor, oh and they throw in a lollipop if you order online...

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    One planet 38litre, great harness, super simple design, very few snag points. Made from special canvas and it's made in Australia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is that the Traverse? I have one of those, if it is, One Planet makes fantastic kit, and yep, great harness, comfy and robust. Not sure about you, but I find the canvas quite noisy in the bush, was planning on fashioning a fleece cover for it out of an old fleece top or something, maybe that's just going too far. Anyway, great pack.

Cactus could also be a good option as metioned, but with a similar heavy duty fabric, those too could be noisy.

That Swazi pack looks the goods also....

MSL
    Yeah it's a 38 traverse also have the 25 zipless both great bags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Boulderman likes this.

If I had to choose based on your requirements I would prob go stag bag. closest to the huntech 40 I have
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

I'm a tight wad. I bought a couple of these a couple of years ago for around $100. Find it comfortable and have had a fair load of small game and gear in it on it under it, ....

Torlesse 35 | Equipment | Clearance | Macpac
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Cheers so far for the replies and Ideas.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

@mikee. PM incoming
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

mines a 2 in 1 Daypack 30 L

Which hopefully Scouser will see in action this weekend. Love that I can clip in my own camelback type insert (just awesome)
    The extra zip pouches on the hip belts for extra rounds, silva compass and extra batts for the gps and 2x lamps P7 and head lamp and knife. Being ex mill I've added a couple of old tussock industries DPM ammo pouches that cover mess kit, and important shit like hutchy, survial gear food and and the likes. Just like the old days its pretty much a self contained webbing and I love it...

Top has the camel back and the cheesecloth bags for hopefully the fallen victim and a Gale carry out belt as this helps my bad back and keeps stuff low on my bum. I think its the best trade off as you can still dump gear for shorter escapades and just wear a bum bag which I always loved...

Just my 2c...

CD