Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ben-tard

Thread: Dog puffer jacket / Puff doggy

Dog puffer jacket / Puff doggy

Anybody tried one of these?
    https://d-fa.co.nz/products/puff-dog...ing-dog-jacket

My boy got super cold over the weekend so thought one of these might help.

neopreme keeps them very warm...saw oilskin ones in H&F the other day..look rather smart..have seen them at vets previously. mine would shred a puffer in no time.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

ours has an oil skin. puffer wouldn't last 5 min on our boy
    may be sarcastic may be a bad joke

Can't imagine they'd last too long?
    One of my dogs has had a swandri oilskin for about 4 years and it's still going strong
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Yep, that's a potato

Im super keen to get my girl one but she had a fleece lined oilskin for a couple of years but ended up chewing it up.
    Joys of a pitbull mix i guess she isnt a hunting dog just a big town softie

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

My boys good and doesn't chew anything apart from the odd bone and stick.

This would just be for sleeping which he currently uses my puffer jacket and sitting glassing. He's a Viz so no hair to keep him warm and feels the cold easy.

I have a GSP who also feels the cold. Have a fleece for him when cold and on the move but chuck one of my old puffers in his saddle/pack in winter when it’s proper cold for him to sleep in. Front legs through the arms and zip up. Works a treat without breaking bank.

Have a vizsla/gsp. Has a single coat so needs extra warmth at night. Havd ued a Swandri woolen dog coat with fleece lining. Good for hunting and around camp, and old school checkered blue and black. For bed will also use a puffer vest. Take a thermarest ZLite cut in half for ground insulation in the tent, also doubles as a glassing pad/camp seat during the day.

Worked out next trip might as well take another quilt instead of the two jackets. About the same weight and warmer as he only really needs extra warmth at night.
    Last edited by Snoppernator; 13-03-2024 at 09:50 AM.

Had an oil skin type for my JR she went into some thick scrubby undergrowth came out with no jacket on ��
    Little dogs are a bit of a worry getting tangled up and stuck especially if they don’t bark they very hard to find.

Have a puff doggy for the Ridgeback and it's a great product. Use it at camp on the cold trips.

Also have a more tougher fabric less insulated one from them (the arma-doggo!) for out on the hill when the southerly is blowing.

The D-fa products are good - based out of Wanaka I think they started making kayaking gear