Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Dreams are free - Ideal do it all riflescope for NZ

I'm pretty budget conscious.....ie got kids and I'm broke. Currently running sightron stac 4x20 on a couple of rifles. Solid optic for the dollars. No zero stop or illumination however. Put a few rounds through and Element optics 2-16 HDLR, alot or bang for the buck. Have had and used better glass that both ie NF and VX6. For the dollar do complaint and a usable mag range
    dannyb likes this.

If it was a one rifle for everything situation I would personally run a 3.6-18 Leupold mk5 or a 2.5-20 NF NX8 - Caveat being i have a lot of longer range experience and really like having a proper reticle for wind and any quick holdover calcs

For a more simple do it all scope I have an older Leica 2.5-10x42 ER with an MOA dial and single rev zero stop. It is an epic and simple all rounder but they don't come up for sale often. I have taken it out to decent distance

VX5 is a great option I would like the mil HTMR version one day