Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: FLIR Thermal Vision Gear

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Are we just getting lazier as race(human)???? I just dont get guys using this shit to hunt, same as night vision on scopes wtf!!!!!! If you can get one during light hrs theres no excuse to fuck them over while they are asleep.In the short time in this game im seeing why its having its problems.And why its becomming a big earner.........ah fuck it each to there own i guess. Good luck using that shit in our neck of the woods better spend a measly 600 on a PLB becuase your gonna need it when you tip over a bluff the thermal gear didnt warn you about.
    Should be one of the first things people buy (PLB)

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapour View Post
    I want to know, if anyone has done it, if a thermal unit is better at finding possums in trees over a spotlight?

Anyway, obviously, this stuff should all be private land and I don't care how you hunt on that. It's only paddock hunting, and that's just meat for the family and friends how ever I can get it
    Sure does work on possums - hot stuff in a tree - (normal rules apply )
    Head lamp pretty good too though - unless they are not looking at you

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    That better Dave?
    ( No ofence intende tasbay)
    Sneeze & R93 no offence taken.Was Samber on private land. Not my kind of hunting either Though would have been interested to see it done . I just use a 44mag subsonic and PVS-7 Goggles so I need to get in close, preferably under 60yds.
    All Im doing is filling a clients requirements . Had one guy wanted a Milspec NV Monocular and headgear that was submersible. I got him a MUM-14 that goes down to 66 feet submersion, He wanted it to Dive for crayfish at night..... Bugger That! Another wanted NV Goggles for In his Garden at night................... I didn`t get him a set.

R93
    What make of 44mag Tasbay?
    Custom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. So please forgive my sausage fingers!!!
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    What make of 44mag Tasbay?
    Custom?

Ruger 44/96 with Kite Night sight and home built suppressor.Name:  pvs7melmet 001.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  1.01 MB

R93
    Nice. The old Pilkington. Years ago, a few of us were sent up to try and shoot a dog that was apparently ravaging sheep in Mid Canty. My Kite shit out at a crucial time other than that they were okay. I preferred the NVG's with IRAD, good too 300m and quick.
    You have done well to get the right eye relief on the ruger, bit of mucking around there mate?

I would like the ruger carbine semi in .44 mag. Do you think it would cycle subs? Is that why you went to a lever gun?

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Nice. The old Pilkington. Years ago, a few of us were sent up to try and shoot a dog that was apparently ravaging sheep in Mid Canty. My Kite shit out at a crucial time other than that they were okay. I preferred the NVG's with IRAD, good too 300m and quick.
    You have done well to get the right eye relief on the ruger, bit of mucking around there mate?

I would like the ruger carbine semi in .44 mag. Do you think it would cycle subs? Is that why you went to a lever gun?
    Yeh I looked into the Ruger Semi but it won`t cycle subs. That and the Semi bolt slapping back and foward was the deciding factor to go to the lever gun. Took about 2 years to find one but when it turned up it was like brand new.... Until it spent a couple of wet days in the shed.
    Yes the mount did take a bit of mucking around with. The machinegun mount it came on was of no use on a hunting rifle so flicked that off. The Kite is getting on in years and went through a war but it still fires up and works so I will run it till it dies then just get something from my supplier.

R93
    Cheers for that. I was told you could muck around with the action and return spring so ya can shoot subs in the semi.
    But still not ideal.
    The lever would be the smart option.
    Most likely hard to find good ones of either at the moment.

You ever used an IR laser for shooting Tasbay?

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    You ever used an IR laser for shooting Tasbay?
    Yep!! Thats the lite to carry kit, Rifle dayscope and IR laser attached. Im not a grate shot with a laser, normaly use it for Oh F*%K moments when you relise there is a deer standing next to you and you can`t switch from Goggles to NV scope. That Ruger now has a IR Light and Laser mounted under the suppressor.
    Im usually happy to take on deer and rabbits out to 80 odd yds with a laser.

Did You order a tube for yourself??. Have had some lovely Gen3 sets of goggles come through in the past few weeks. Trouble is they sell as soon as I get them..I Have been hell of an impressed with them Too.

Yea I ordered it last week, I haven't had any shipping notification, so hopefully he didn't take my money and run lol. He sounds legit on all the other boards though.

i just dont understand how anyone who uses a scope on their rifle can call themselves a hunter. i mean, cant you line up a buck horn and a blade onto your target?
    lets face it, all this has been braught about by the advent of modern smokless propelants. ever since that shit turned up everyone went on a mad race to out do one another.
    people seemed to be able to hunt with a spear and bow before gunpowder came along.................
    me? well i am so moraly superoir that i dont use any technology, at all. i hunt with a rock. i think that if you need to use anything that was invented by man then you are just being a cheat and i wont accept that your trophy has any worth because you have adpoted some new fangled hunting tool.
    greg
    Spanners and Dead is better like this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by greghud View Post
    i just dont understand how anyone who uses a scope on their rifle can call themselves a hunter. i mean, cant you line up a buck horn and a blade onto your target?
    lets face it, all this has been braught about by the advent of modern smokless propelants. ever since that shit turned up everyone went on a mad race to out do one another.
    people seemed to be able to hunt with a spear and bow before gunpowder came along.................
    me? well i am so moraly superoir that i dont use any technology, at all. i hunt with a rock. i think that if you need to use anything that was invented by man then you are just being a cheat and i wont accept that your trophy has any worth because you have adpoted some new fangled hunting tool.
    greg
    You make sense, sort of. What grain and B.C rocks do you use Greg?
    BRADS likes this.

I dont think he makes sense. Sounds angry at nothing
    VIVA LA HOWA

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I dont think he makes sense. Sounds angry at nothing
    His point Toby, is that what we consider ethical, is really not in the context of things. We are hypocrites.
    veitnamcam likes this.