Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 1 Post By mikee
  • 1 Post By mikee

Thread: Garmin TT15 mini collars - straps wrecked.

Garmin TT15 mini collars - straps wrecked.

Hey just wondering is anyone has found a decent replacement for the TT15 mini straps... they're a pretty standard 3/4" kind of collar.
    I know replacements are available from Garmin, but they're made out of nylon webbing coated with cheap plastic... mine have delaminated within 1 year.

So maybe if there's a leather or rubber or some other option?

Just tape them lots of guys do that anyhow I think they kind of need to be stiff for the collar to sit properly and hold its shape so a rubber one or similar probably wouldn't be ideal
    11mms likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

hunting and fishing sell replacements, they are not expensive.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Just tape them lots of guys do that anyhow I think they kind of need to be stiff for the collar to sit properly and hold its shape so a rubber one or similar probably wouldn't be ideal
    Yeah I did the tape around antenna thing as it's a known weakness. Good thought about the rubber I hadn't considered that.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    hunting and fishing sell replacements, they are not expensive.
    I'm less worried about the expense than value. Asides from being a pain to replace annually, I'd sooner spend more for one that will at least last as long as the dog. If such a thing is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 11mms View Post
    I'm less worried about the expense than value. Asides from being a pain to replace annually, I'd sooner spend more for one that will at least last as long as the dog. If such a thing is possible.
    What makes them so bad, I have 2, used every night. Both collars are still in good nick after 8 years. Swapping them takes less than 5 minutes in any case on the ones I have repaired for other people.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.