Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Good deals on Ali Express.

Can someone send a link to a good light bar, I want one for jetboat

I have bought lightweight cookers, gas canister fillers, tarps, hammocks, tent pegs, Naturehike tents, Tourbon slings ammo holders and scope covers, lightweight crampons, head torches, fishing tackle, waterproof bags. Maxtoch torches and batteries. Had a few no shows but have always got refunds, always try to buy from their 'stores' that have good feedback.
    I compare several items tat appear the same before deciding on a purchase as quality can vary. Delivery times can vary hugely but if I need anything in a hurry I buy locally.
    I have just bought a Vector Optics scope for $120 for my boys rifle, sells on trade me for $320

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I noticed there's a place on there selling 1/2x28 threaded "fuel filters" which are black and tubular and appear to have a 6mm hole through the middle ha

There's even a 5/8 jobbie with a 1/2 inch hole at the other end??? With or without nfa tax stamp sticker??!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    what size are you after ? i repair quite a few of them

I brought the 34 inch, curved one from here -
    22" 42" 50 Inch Tri-Row Curved LED Light Bar Offroad Work Lights Combo Beam SUV ATV 4x4 4WD UTV RZV Trailer Driving Barra Lamp
    22" 42" 50 Inch Tri Row Curved LED Light Bar Offroad Work Lights Combo Beam SUV ATV 4x4 4WD UTV RZV Trailer Driving Barra Lamp-in Light Bar/Work Light from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Was on special at the time and got it for $115 delivered. Was Jan this year, and now on the boat.
    Well made unit. The wiring harness was OK, but Shit switch in it (didn't use the harness, but would be OK in a car) came with all the bits and quick from memory. @PerazziSC3
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

I brought the 34 inch, curved one from here -
    22" 42" 50 Inch Tri-Row Curved LED Light Bar Offroad Work Lights Combo Beam SUV ATV 4x4 4WD UTV RZV Trailer Driving Barra Lamp
    22" 42" 50 Inch Tri Row Curved LED Light Bar Offroad Work Lights Combo Beam SUV ATV 4x4 4WD UTV RZV Trailer Driving Barra Lamp-in Light Bar/Work Light from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Was on special at the time and got it for $115 delivered. Was Jan this year, and now on the boat.
    Well made unit. The wiring harness was OK, but Shit switch in it (didn't use the harness, but would be OK in a car) came with all the bits and quick from memory.
    @PerazziSC3
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    happened to a mate in OZ with the same logic. he had a pair with a single lamp in the middle. Copper busted him and made him disconnect the middle jobby.
    I get that it probably references back to headlights and not having one out but a light bar..Thats just stupid. @timattalon isn't that ridiculous. Before you had them hooked up to the main beams so they would turn of when you dip your lights? Now I suppose you can have them turned on anytime you like. That's stupidity as well.
    Yep I got questioned about mine by the WOF guy, said I needed an on/off switch and couldn't be hooked to my hi beam. I explained I had a push Button on/ off and could turn it off from the hi beam, he said I need another toggle type switch as well? Go figure that logic. They are better operating on the hi beam, with the isolation button in my opinion
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Yep I've got HID spots hooked up to hi beam and the light bar on a separate switch so its a work light and warrantable that way so not for highway driving, for off road use.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Yep I got questioned about mine by the WOF guy, said I needed an on/off switch and couldn't be hooked to my hi beam. I explained I had a push Button on/ off and could turn it off from the hi beam, he said I need another toggle type switch as well? Go figure that logic. They are better operating on the hi beam, with the isolation button in my opinion

R93
    Where did you mount it on yer boat @Beaker?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Beaker likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

How did you find the nature hike tent @ROKTOY.

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    happened to a mate in OZ with the same logic. he had a pair with a single lamp in the middle. Copper busted him and made him disconnect the middle jobby.
    I get that it probably references back to headlights and not having one out but a light bar..Thats just stupid. @timattalon isn't that ridiculous. Before you had them hooked up to the main beams so they would turn of when you dip your lights? Now I suppose you can have them turned on anytime you like. That's stupidity as well.
    Yup. They are hooked up to the main beam and I can keep them if I switch them separately to the headlights. I suggested a floor dip switch and using them as my high beam and he said "only if the switch works without affectingt he headlights so it cannot operate the actual High beam. So I can leave my lights on dip, drive around and use the bar as my high beam and choose to whether I use the high beam or not.....

For the Motorbike I had two 3" round spots with 55 watt lamps in them fitted to the high beam. Nope. Not allowed. Only allowed one FITTED. Everything fitted has to work. SO I could not make one a dummy so it looked OK . (One either side of the main headlight) I would be happy with one only allowed to work at a time. Nope. Not allowed. 130w single truck spotlight 7" wide and lights up like daylight? Yup, thats fine. Looks stupid as F_cK but allowed. Only problem now is if I have that on AND the heated handle bars, I dont get enough power to run both and it runs the battery flat.....so I can have warm hands or see where I am going. I would like another bike but this one is n the wedding photos so I will never be able to sell it. Only had it 27 years next month....

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post

At present on the roof, and to far forward (getting to much bounce back of light from hand rails and can’t see forward of it - need to move back as a second go, and see what happens, but gut feeling is i will need to go ugly and mount it on the forward rails above the anchor , or biff the idea and use a hand held through the roof hatch)

Don’t have a pic on this device, but will post a pic tomorrow of the mount. I went for a temp clamp arrangement until I was happy, and pleased I did....
    R93 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post

Oh and come up and have a look for yourself.......

Quote Originally Posted by FatLabrador View Post
    How did you find the nature hike tent @ROKTOY.
    It's still in the post.
    The one I have ordered is a copy of the Hubba Hubba, On special at $175 I figured it was worth a try.

Most of the stuff I have bought has been pretty good, hole saws, lathe tools, live centre, keyless chuck, ER16 chuck and collets, bike lights, all the bits to make a digital night vision scope. The things that have been crap I have got refunds on usually.

These are the type of hole saw I got, they are really good as long as the material isnt too thick, the arbors are a bit crap but you can cut off the triangle bit and use them in a 1/2" chuck or on an M10 bolt with a pilot

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/12pc...1-a7ef12b67a37