Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: handheld gps loosing signal

Quote Originally Posted by peril 787b View Post
    Agree. My dad has the e-trex and I've got the H version. Mine keeps a signal where his dropped out constantly. He's since bought a new one, e-trex 20 (I think) and it's heaps better.
    The H had coverage for Russian satellites as well as USA. All models since are only designed to work off USA satellites according to the Garmin rep who used to come into work.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by savagehunter View Post
    The H had coverage for Russian satellites as well as USA. All models since are only designed to work off USA satellites according to the Garmin rep who used to come into work.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

I would have yo say that rep was pulling your chain mate.,
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

I had one of those yellow eTrex's years ago on my boat. It really was a good piece of kit for marking fishing spots, and getting to and from them.

However, in the bush with overhead cover it was next to useless. Off-loaded it to someone with a boat, and bought a 62S, which is a quality piece of kit. Never heard a bad word spoken of the 62s.

Over time technology changes, and you need to upgrade your equipment to take advantage of this. Hard to believe anyone is still using the old yellow etrex, especially in the bush.
    If it's outdoors, it's all good!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaweka_Neil View Post
    I had one of those yellow eTrex's years ago on my boat. It really was a good piece of kit for marking fishing spots, and getting to and from them.

However, in the bush with overhead cover it was next to useless. Off-loaded it to someone with a boat, and bought a 62S, which is a quality piece of kit. Never heard a bad word spoken of the 62s.

Over time technology changes, and you need to upgrade your equipment to take advantage of this. Hard to believe anyone is still using the old yellow etrex, especially in the bush.

Was using mine a couple of weeks ago
    Its an "H" and have never really had a prob with signal, the only time I have is heavy rain mature beach forest and only had to clime a couple hundy meters elevation out of a gorge to get it again.
    I have upgraded to a 62s for the map but that's about it.
    Its got so much crap on it its bloody confusing for a teck tard, all i want is a map and marks and bearing/range to mark!
    Cyclops and Micky Duck like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Was using mine a couple of weeks ago
    Its an "H" and have never really had a prob with signal, the only time I have is heavy rain mature beach forest and only had to clime a couple hundy meters elevation out of a gorge to get it again.
    I have upgraded to a 62s for the map but that's about it.
    Its got so much crap on it its bloody confusing for a teck tard, all i want is a map and marks and bearing/range to mark!

Tech tard lol
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post

Tech tard lol
    And spelling tard apparently
    Nibblet likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    And spelling tard apparently
    Not illiterate, just can't work a keyboard due to tech tardation
    veitnamcam likes this.

New forum invention right there.
    "Tardation"
    I think that will get some good usage
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Ejected
    Must be contagious because on getting furious trying to get my gopro suite to work properly to edit some video of exploding cans and bottles I was shooting today.

TJM
    Been using the 62s for the last two years,, took me awhile to trust after using compass for many years but its never let me down even in very thick bush in deep gullies, really good when the fog sets in well away from any tracks , agree with the the others can be hard to sift through all the functions many of which are of no interest to me out in the bush

62s has a built in compass and altimeter so if it loses sat reception it will interpolate your position. Also comes as a 62st, with larger memory and 62sc with a camera built in. The 62s was $200USD on amazon last week but I'd just bought a suppressor so missed it. Also a lot of gps receivers are able to use Russian satellites but only the later ones have the software to allow it. The Glonass system only went live in 2012 so the Etrex wasn't releases then. The new Garmin 64s has glonass support