Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Hands up who else hates ITAR??

Cabellas sent to my youshop address - I just had to send them a bank statement with my verified address plus their relevant info written at the bottom (my cabella's login code). It took a few days extra than a straight buy off ebay but whatever.

Funny thing was that I bought a shop model autopriming tool - which arrived with several primers up one of the tubes!

Sorry Guys ,

Just be careful about trying to get to clever about going around the ITAR us BS , as people both in the USA and here in NZ have been visited by the men in black , things you could DO a few years ago , and get away with , you will not get away with now .

Up to you if you want to get your mate/relative in the US in trouble .

Dosnt matter that IT is crazy or not , as they are like children , unable to apply logic to problems .

Later Chris
    mikee and BRADS like this.

i will look deeper into it , but i thought the itar rules prevented shops, dealers etc , from sending overseas.... does it also include its private citizens?
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Yes, it is an offense for anyone to export an ITAR controlled item without the required paperwork.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

..and if we were just talking about .50cal Barretts and such then sure fine...

as pointed out by koshogi , above ....
    here is it in very plain English
    "For practical purposes, ITAR regulations dictate that information and material pertaining to defense and military related technologies (for items listed on the U.S. Munitions List) may only be shared with U.S. Persons unless authorization from the Department of State is received or a special exemption is used.[3] U.S. Persons (including organizations) can face heavy fines if they have, without authorization or the use of an exemption, provided foreign (non-US) persons with access to ITAR-protected defense articles, services or technical data"
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Category XII-Fire Control, Range Finder, Optical and Guidance and Control Equipment

*(b) Lasers specifically designed, modified or configured for military application including those used in military communication devices, target designators and range finders, target detection systems, and directed energy weapons.

The LRF I want is red, has no ballistic software and is only 4x. I really hope the classifiers aren't muppets 'cause there is no way any army would want these trupulse 200L rangefinders. They're freaking RED