Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Head torches

I’ve been using a Led Lenser SEO7r for the last few years and have been happy with it until the plastic latch on the top snapped off the other day, I’m going to get a Cyansky off Jacob to try.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

NRT
    Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    I’ve been using a Led Lenser SEO7r for the last few years and have been happy with it until the plastic latch on the top snapped off the other day, I’m going to get a Cyansky off Jacob to try.
    Mine did the same ,still works but might have issues in wet weather

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
    outdoorlad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NRT View Post
    Mine did the same ,still works but might have issues in wet weather

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
    I’ll keep it for around camp or a spare
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...5a222e0e1OqyKD
    magnetic base so can use it under the car for servicing etc uses 18650 batteries as a bonus

i use a hc60 nitecore has been awesome, the had 4x led lenser shit the bed for no reason all treated like royalty 2x head torch's and 2x torch's
    couldn't pay me to use led lenser anymore they were the only reason i took a spare lights

MB
    I have a Maxtoch (H01R I think). It's very good. Runs on a 1850 battery. Bright. Good burn times and a couple of pathetic red LED if I feel like it. Just did a quick search and seems to be out of production?

yeah Maxtoch haven't been making them for a while MB.
    Their early stuff was pretty bloody good and a reasonable price, until they used the kiwi light gurus to tweak their line up and develop the market here, then cut them out of the system. Bastards, but it was good while it lasted.
    MB and XR500 like this.

Nice info team! Looking at a fenixhm65R, anyone had one? Looks pretty decent for value

Have used a black diamond storm for years now,the SAR guys used to use them and mine has been through a couple of wash cycles in the washing machine and it still keeps going,only good for walking not a hunting light though..think it was around $100 on sale.
    Moa Hunter, Hunteast and RV1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie boy View Post
    Nice info team! Looking at a fenixhm65R, anyone had one? Looks pretty decent for value
    I've got an HM65R-T. It's the single strap version of the R and uses the SST40 chip instead of the Cree.
    I had an old Macpac zoomie before that that just refused to die.
    No issues with the operation or build quailty of the 65, but if I was buying again I'd probably end up with a Cyansky HS6R due to the tighter spot (and better irl range) and red light function (none on the HM65R-T) As a bonus it's $40 cheaper.
    +1 for dealing with Jacob at Piercing the Darkness, definitely worth a look.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The bomb View Post
    Have used a black diamond storm for years now,the SAR guys used to use them and mine has been through a couple of wash cycles in the washing machine and it still keeps going,only good for walking not a hunting light though..think it was around $100 on sale.
    I have two of these , i use one every night in my job working as a truck driver, it must be 7 or 8 years old now and no problems . few years back got another one for hunting when i seen them on sale at Bivouac for $70 normally $100, they are a good general purpose headlamp and i think the latest ones are 450 lumens up from 400.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

I've had several LED Lensers and never had an issue with any of them...

Only downside is some models try to pack too many gimmicks in.
    20 Bore likes this.

Just seen that Sarvo is going to be stocking Olight torches and head torches.
    jpurdon likes this.

I have found the lesser handheld to be bulletproof but after 3-4 headlamps crapping out I gave up on them.

The best walker headlamp I have come across was the Maxtoch HO1R - very reliable but no longer made.

You can spend heaps on name product lamps with fancy steps/stages/operations you do not need, but I'd suggest you have a look at this brand - Boruit on aliexpress. They are cheap, ok buiild, can work rather well, and they make a variety of lamps for different uses. Value for your coin and usually reliable:

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...oruit+headlamp
    bumblefoot, Moa Hunter and RV1 like this.