Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Hunters Element Pinnicle Jacket - Brand new but not waterproof

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiazonic View Post
    It's a $500 jacket. I should have spent extra and gone swazi.
    Damn, apologies was thinking it was a bit less than that.... I'd be asking for a refund under consumer act that it isn't up to what it should be
    birch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiazonic View Post
    It's a $500 jacket. I should have spent extra and gone swazi.
    Makes Kuiu Cheap
    Nibblet likes this.

add me to the list i paid $450 for a h/e jacket and got soaked through i wasnt impressed at all....

I had a cheaper hunters element range jacket about $150 worth and the zips failed within a month, took it hunting up the lake once and although rated to 10,000mm rain it soaked through in about 20min of rain, then weather fogged in and had a mission finding the route to rhe next hut, which didn't being a modern hut had double glazing but no fire.
    Next week got my money back and got a Stoney Creek Pioneer from Farmlands, have sat in rain up Rainbow Station for 6 hours in it and stayed dry, can get 2 for $500 when on special

we have 2 of them, wife gets hers wet all the time while out feeding her f...ing horse and the water bever gets in. worn mine a few times with no issue of water getting in

I believe that there is a problem with the material used in the HE rain coats dating back to 18 months ago. Its a known problem and if you take your jacket back it should be replaced. Apparently if you hold the jacket up to the sun and look through a single layer of material, the ones with the issue will have very small but visible holes through the fabric. Bad batch of fabric is the issue. My brother is in the process of having his replaced by the factory. My 3-4 year old HE rain coat has been fine. Just re-treated it last weekend.

Ejected
    Pants are the same, wet and cold. Against my better judgement I wore them in that rain for one last chance, should have just run leggings and stubbies per normal.
    Was going to leave them in the hut for someone else but didn't want to litter or set someone else up.

Kuiu Yukon, happily sit in the rain for day's, just wish they did a jacket with a tail.
    Danny likes this.

Dad and myself have had them a couple of years now and pretty early on we had the same issues with them not keeping out the water. With it being a known fault are we still able to take them back and swap them out as you guys have mentioned? Cheers

Can only but try

Bought one lat year and up until recently thought it was pretty good. In saying that, up until recently not been out in much rain. Went away for a week, pissed down on the first day and was soaked. Would've been drier swimming up the river. Currently waiting to hear back from hunters element themselves to see if they'll do anything about it but not holding my breath. Only bought it as found it on trade me as a $1 reserve from gun city Chch. Wish I just spent bit more money and bought something decent. Stoney Creek top of the wish list at the moment.